worcester or vaillant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had some quotes to fit a new condensing combi boiler and moved from first floor to the kitchen area (ground floor) although the best offer was £2000 including boiler I am thinking in taken other quote of £2500.

The dilemma is:

Which boiler should I choose?

Worcester or Vaillant, and which model?

The house 3 storey 6 rooms 2 bath 11Radiators (Looking for the most powerful one to keep the house well worm)

The Main water pressure flow is only 12L per minute

I will appreciate all your advice.

M thanks

Sponsored Links
Not much to choose from and would be down to installers personal choice.

I am a Vaillant only installer so would recommend Vaillant above worcester and as Vaillant have a stainless steel heat exchanger I think they will last longer. They are also physically smaller in size I believe.

They are also easier to work on and service IMHO.

The main thing is what ever you decide make sure your installer is an expert in that make, and not a 'I'll fit any make' but know none properly merchant.

You wont go far wrong with either brand.

gas4you said:
The main thing is what ever you decide make sure your installer is an expert in that make, and not a 'I'll fit any make' but know none properly merchant.

I would fit any make of boiler as long as its not called a Sonya Duval !

In any case few people who fit boilers know how to fix them.

Its less important which make than how clean is the system?

Tony

Exactly the point I was trying to make but obviously didn't word correctly Tony.

How you ngetting on with your new compadre Hysteresis? I think hes got a thing about you :LOL:

Damn laptop battery getting low and can't be bothered to reboot main office PC :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I think he has been sidelined with Dr Drivel !

Unlikely to see him again.

We have not seen Dan lately because he is debating something at GREAT length with D-D, the last time I looked at the index page it was on its ninth page.

Tony

At only 12 litres a min by time it has gone through boiler and upstairs pressure will not be very good , I would stick to a normal boiler and fast recovery cylinder with two 25 gallon tanks in the loft to supply cylinder with a low pressure like you have.

I've been advice to keep the system as a combi and fit like an small tank cost about £300 to be an able to use both bathroom at the same time without losing pressure or fit a pressure pump. The other option were to fit a normal system but it will be much more expansive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back