Working for British Gas these days

Have you see any figures from your performance recently on the new figure stem?
How does it compare?

Would you have made more money on the old £5/hr system?

I've got my PDR this wk, first for 2yrs, should be interesting!!!
Big Stormy your TSM??? Or is he now Paisley? ;)

Sponsored Links
The union is only as strong as its members.

If BG engineers don't like any changes then they need to tick appropriate box on the ballot sheet.

They are nuts if they scrap the 4day wk, nail DT cause a lot of good engineers will leave if that's the case. They are actually making more profit than ever in this finacial climate and they are getting greedy.

Work further west, heard 3/4 eng's including TSM resigned though recently (something dodgy went on)

Not heard much through the grapevine though
2 engineers and one TSM resigned and 4 in for disciplineries this week! ;)
I know exactly what went on and although I feel sorry for them they did leave themselves open for it with the current climate you lot are working under (thank f**k I am away from that).
If TSM didnt resign he would have been sacked this week after 27years service!
He was a mate of mine from when I worked for BG. :( :(

What happened??

Theres definitely a witchhunt (2words-safety screens) going on. Will be keeping the nose very clean and putting the head down.

Engineers will not forget and at the end of the day, without us there would be no service side. Unhappy engineers makes unmotivated engineers.

All the CPS dancing for the suits!!!......................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've been a Master Plumber for 30+ years & have a recurring nightmare of working for BG. Getting up in the morning & putting on my polo shirt & dancing for the suits all day...............FFS, I'm coming out in a cold sweat even thinking about it!!! Imagine having to work with all these greetin faced CPSs.................LMFAO!!!

Sponsored Links
They are nuts if they scrap the 4day wk, nail DT cause a lot of good engineers will leave if that's the case. They are actually making more profit than ever in this finacial climate and they are getting greedy.

Work further west, heard 3/4 eng's including TSM resigned though recently (something dodgy went on)

Not heard much through the grapevine though
2 engineers and one TSM resigned and 4 in for disciplineries this week! ;)
I know exactly what went on and although I feel sorry for them they did leave themselves open for it with the current climate you lot are working under (thank f**k I am away from that).
If TSM didnt resign he would have been sacked this week after 27years service!
He was a mate of mine from when I worked for BG. :( :(

What happened??

Theres definitely a witchhunt (2words-safety screens) going on. Will be keeping the nose very clean and putting the head down.

Engineers will not forget and at the end of the day, without us there would be no service side. Unhappy engineers makes unmotivated engineers.

ALLEGEDLY ;) Multiple occupancy job (university campus) Paperwork not left as jobs filled in at end of day(engineers claimed TSM told them to do this as easier to do) some jobs checked and safety issues missed and also some overclaiming on the radicals etc but as you say the way things are the now they left themselves open to it, again ALLEGEDLY ;)
You know the script by now :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bg are stumbling around with one bloody stump, give it another year and the management will have shot the other foot and probably both arms too.

im starting to believe they are trying to run it into the ground, not sure why yet. even if they are just making some of the most misguided decisions ive ever seen because of their stupidity im not too confident they can pull it back if they keep on this track.

bg are stumbling around with one bloody stump, give it another year and the management will have shot the other foot and probably both arms too.

im starting to believe they are trying to run it into the ground, not sure why yet. even if they are just making some of the most misguided decisions ive ever seen because of their stupidity im not too confident they can pull it back if they keep on this track.

Elaborate?

Elaborate?

nope. thats it.

Elaborate?

nope. thats it.

Has Rupert booked in any Ideal response heat exchangers for you recently? :D

Cant believe that people are still being caught out by stuff put on safety screens after so many years . It was like banging your head against a brick wall telling them that a record was always there to be shafted by management so make sure you can defend whatever you put there.

Scatman
the saying Union as strong as members does not go hand and hand with GMB they dont give a fek, with guys too interested in keeping there very cushy jobs where they dont really do any work to upset managers and are easily bought off

saying Union as strong as members does not go hand and hand with GMB they dont give a fek, with guys too interested in keeping there very cushy jobs where they dont really do any work to upset managers and are easily bought off
Looks like Thatcher succeeded then :LOL: Long Live the Free Market Economy

Cant believe that people are still being caught out by stuff put on safety screens after so many years . It was like banging your head against a brick wall telling them that a record was always there to be shafted by management so make sure you can defend whatever you put there.

Scatman
the saying Union as strong as members does not go hand and hand with GMB they dont give a fek, with guys too interested in keeping there very cushy jobs where they dont really do any work to upset managers and are easily bought off

We had one like that suit and tie and went out for dinner with management etc.
When I had a diciplinery a few years back I consulted with a mate who just so happened to be very high up in the GMB in Scotland and nought to do with BG so it scared them a wee bit as they were not dealing with their usual yes man union guy. He(gas board union rep) kept telling me to accept my "punishment" for something that I didnt do wrong.
Writing on the wall for me after that as I new there were a few gaffers with nose out of joint and wanted to "get" me at any oportunity![/b]

This will give you example of the union representing them.
One of my guys sacked on knee jerk reaction from a half wit manager stone waller of a case and guy entitled to 10 weeks money in lieu of notice.
I phone area guy to start case etc . He says do we really want to defend him after all its going to cost the company £4,000 in payment and in theory thats money out of our pocket seeing as we work for them.
So phoned one of the 7 top guys in london who pleaded ignorant untill i read him out employement laws.
You expect management to shaft you nut not the guys who are meant to stop it.

Oh best comment ever by full time union official , was why are yous complaining about your wages you get paid more than a lot of GMB members.......
Such as.
The bin men. was the reply feker nearly got a kicking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back