Worst airline flight experience..

flying to turkey from gatwick last year,plane took off ok got to cruising altitiude,engine noise died down as it should,,about 5 minutes later plane dropped out of the sky,,the entire contents of my stomach was about to introduce itself to the passenger in front,,,the missus was screaming along with most of the other passengers,,the plane levelled off again and the pilot said fook all to anyone
now i love turbulence,,,seriously i do,and i love flying,,,the missus always looks at me when she hears a funny noise etc and i do my best to always try and chill her out,,but on this occasion i failed miserably,,dont have a clue what happened on that flight,,,i suspect we hit an air pocket but not 100% sure

Sponsored Links
flying to turkey from gatwick last year,plane took off ok got to cruising altitiude,engine noise died down as it should,,about 5 minutes later plane dropped out of the sky,,the entire contents of my stomach was about to introduce itself to the passenger in front,,,the missus was screaming along with most of the other passengers,,the plane levelled off again and the pilot said fook all to anyone
now i love turbulence,,,seriously i do,and i love flying,,,the missus always looks at me when she hears a funny noise etc and i do my best to always try and chill her out,,but on this occasion i failed miserably,,dont have a clue what happened on that flight,,,i suspect we hit an air pocket but not 100% sure

This is what i was on about when i post the thread... my missus hates flying, and i love a bit of turbulence... but! take your missus AND three kids on a flight, suddenly turbulence is the devil shaking the plane... day to day, you'd kill for your family, but on a plane you're powerless!

My worse flight was being late for boarding. :eek:
I was only about 19 or 20 and on my own.

From emerging from the bar (as you do) and being forced to run down the air bridge must have taken less than a minute or two.

Entered the plane, to be faced with a completely packed hostile crowd all booing. :eek:
Bast*rds, (as if I didn't feel guilty enough).

Found my seat, thought i'd just put my head down, and let it all ride over. :idea:

BUT NO....
The pilot had to make my day, by making the announcement that "because of the late passenger, we have all missed our slot to fly" :eek:

I was so suitably guilty, pis*ed off, and demoralised, I didn't even look back when a family sized tangerine was launched at the back of my head.

Bast*rds........ :D

Sponsored Links
My worse flight was being late for boarding. :eek:
I was only about 19 or 20 and on my own.

From emerging from the bar (as you do) and being forced to run down the air bridge must have taken less than a minute or two.

Entered the plane, to be faced with a completely packed hostile crowd all booing. :eek:
Bast*rds, (as if I didn't feel guilty enough).

Found my seat, thought i'd just put my head down, and let it all ride over. :idea:

BUT NO....
The pilot had to make my day, by making the announcement that "because of the late passenger, we have all missed our slot to fly" :eek:

I was so suitably guilty, pis*ed off, and demoralised, I didn't even look back when a family sized tangerine was launched at the back of my head.

Bast*rds........ :D
No sympathy here, I hate late commers, getting disturbed at the theatre, when curtain has gone up, does my head in. :evil:

Stuck in Gatwick departures last December 21st for nine hours because of the snow.

As this thread is almost done, I would like to relate the expierence of my first solo flight.
Basic training all done, class two medical certificate passed, dawns the great day when after practicing circuits for quite a while, my instructor, said he had taught me all he could, and my next lesson was to be with the chief instructor.
The lesson started off ok doing circuits, touch and goes..on the third approach instructor took over the radio and called to tower G LFSA to land, we taxied to the apron where the instructor said to me, I am authorising you to do one circuit, do as you have been doing, take notice of what the air traffic tell you, oh and you will find the aircraft far more responsive without my weight.
With these words he got out of the aircraft, and said to me, call the tower when you are ready for departure....oh one more thing....let me get my jacket out of the back in case it gets burnt.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back