Worst airline flight experience..

I

imamartian

What's the worst experience you've had on a commercial flight? Is it turbulence? annoying passengers (apart from kids, they're always annoying on flights, even when they're your own!)

Anyone been on a plane hit by lightening? what's that like?
And what's the worst turbulence you can experience? total nosedive?

Sponsored Links
try flying with american airlines

all of the above plus crap food even worse entertainment

and customer service :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

not again if they paid me to fly with their mickey mouse bloody outfit

rant over :oops:

thats nowt kev....i've flown on a balkan airlines tupolev 154....terrifying.

almost crashed at bangkok once, that was a wheeze.

ex bird has been in two proper crashes.....swore blind the next time she was jumping out the emergency exit before it hit the ground, i believed her too.

Kenya airways flight KQ 614

Taking off from Nairobi, Boeing 707 very long take off run, one engine smoking badly, engine failed over the Sudan, returned to Nairobi, 24 hr wait for replacement flight.
Our second aircraft, again a Boeing 707 after a long wait for the flight engineer to board aircraft, took off ok, but two hrs into the flight,,engineer came down to rear of cabin to look at a trail of fluid leaking from port wing, aircraft was turned round and flown back to Nairobi, yet again, airport fire services were positioned at taxiways, and followed aircraft down the runway.
It appears there was a severe loss of hydraulic fluid, and aircraft had only limited braking capabilities.
Third aircraft, managed to get to Heathrow with no problems.
As for Kenya airways, never again!

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Every time I get on a plane with the missus, she's the worst flyer ever.
Grabbing and screaming out.
If only the bedroom was as much fun ;)

Buy yourself a pilots hat and a pair of biggles goggles.........and jump off the wardrobe.

What?? You actually got on the third one? I'd have walked.
The Germans contacted their embassy, who chartered a Lufthansa aircraft, we Brits were told we could transfer for a cost of £300 each, past caring at that time, third time lucky.

Wotan

bin in one crash, half the passengers were praying, the other half were in the crash position. I left my seat and moved to the door before the plane ground to a holt. no one spoke a word. I do not fly anymore

bin in one crash, half the passengers were praying, the other half were in the crash position. I left my seat and moved to the door before the plane ground to a holt. no one spoke a word. I do not fly anymore

you can't just do half a story like that.... was it BA? where were you... etc etc etc ????

you can't just do half a story like that.... was it BA? where were you... etc etc etc ????
Were the praying passengers facing Mecca? :LOL:

Everyman and his dog was in a near miss on this thread!

"Ooh! I grabbed a nearby sheet, and parachuted to safety" lol

I once went for a £30 flight for the fun of it, and the destination was Lourdes, but had no interest in visiting, and was booked on the flight back.

So on arrival, said to the crew, can I see the pilot in the cabin, and was told rudely, YOU are in the cabin, THATS the cockpit...but the pilot overheard..and invited me in..

He then explained how he had total electrical failure, upon nearing landing, and that the wings cause shear(?) as they hadn't been fitted correctly, and how other aircraft are built to a better standard, and then said, hope you enjoy your holiday, to which I replied, I'm returning on this Titanic/Zepplin!

I've never been on an empty plane before for the return flight.

Difficult one. I flown TAG (Angolan airways), The pilots are basically air force and they fly the plane as if it was a mig fighter. I'm pretty sure there was some chickens and maybe the odd goat on board.

However that is nothing compared to my dad in a unpressurised aid plane where there had barrels and a strong smell of fuel. Flying over an area where planes had been shot down by UNITA.

Though the worst for me was a prop flight to Cuba from Jamaica in the mind 90s. Any airline where they tell you the smoke bellowing from the floor is normal, probably needs a new fleet.

I flew internally in India, and it was very good nice food good service for such a short flight. They have several private airline companies. I'm sure there is a budget, budget version.

Royal Nepal Airlines (as was) 727 - Flying into Kathmandhu (from Rangoon), the plane landed hard onto runway too far along, and took straight back off again. It then banked so hard that some overhead lockers opened raining down luggage, and the oxygen masks dropped...

Sponsored Links
Back