Worst airline flight experience..

I have never had a bad experience on a commercial flight, but when i was training for my PPL my instructor and I had a near miss with a microlight which was disobeying the guidelines of keeping roads and railways etc on the right hand side of the aircraft (when using them to navigate when flying VFR.) suddenly saw this small dot in the screen get bigger and bigger until we realised it was some sort of aeroplane. Got out the way with plenty of time so probably not as near a miss as you think at the time, but still a little scary at the time.

I never undo my seatbelt on a flight now, after learning more about turbulence, wind shear and other things. I love it when as soon as the seatbelt light goes off you can hear almost everyone take the belts off. If only they knew what could happen if the aeroplane suddenly lost 500 feet in less than a minute! brain soup and broken necks!

Sponsored Links
because if you have your belt on when the plane drops your gonna stay in your seat, not go flying into the overhead lockers at great speed and then get tossed around the cabin

is that likely to break your neck or mush your brains? if so, why aren't trampolines and rugby and motorbikes banned? :eek:

Sponsored Links
because if you have your belt on when the plane drops your gonna stay in your seat, not go flying into the overhead lockers at great speed and then get tossed around the cabin
I too have done ppl training, even in a light aircraft, you can experience brief weightlessness if you level out too quickly after a climb.

Wotan

Breaking the rules slightly, as it wasn't a commercial flight, getting into a twin prop plane, that didn't have seats, going to 3,200 feet, and jumping out. Most people consider that risky, or a must do before I die, or a proper rush, but, it was BORING!

You don't get a sense of weightlessness, the landscape looks unrecognisable, no sense of vertigo. But the quiet calm as you are floating down is nice. At one with oneself. But as Earth approaches, it gets quick, in the video of me, it looked like a 40mph plummet into the ground, as I made the mistake of raising my legs, so landed on my arse! None of this faff about rolling over when you land, that you see in the films, and I'm stood there, parachute billowing in the wind, the training didn't tell you to reel it in!

So to people that consider a parachute jump, on their own, go for it, but boring! Not all that it's made out to be.

For the ones that don't have the time to parachute jump or get involved in an airline experience try this one and let me know how you get on.
My town has a main line station that 125's go through at great speed.
What you do is stand next to the line when the train comes through. I haven't been able to do it yet because it's really scary.

For the ones that don't have the time to parachute jump or get involved in an airline experience try this one and let me know how you get on.
My town has a main line station that 125's go through at great speed.
What you do is stand next to the line when the train comes through. I haven't been able to do it yet because it's really scary.

I think that is pretty stupid, and reckless, as the driver of the train thinks you might be a jumper, and the wind effect, and thus the vacuum, might cause you to fall into the trains path, as it is a HST, so not recommended.

I know people that have had to collect body parts after an incident, and it's not nice for anybody involved. Especially the family of the deceased. So why post this?

You don't get it do you.

The line is on the platform for people to stand behind. It's at the recognised distance for anybody to stand behind and is put there for peoples health and safety.

Try standing next to it, face the train and be prepared for an amazing experience.

Also, since you have no idea about the effect. I'll explain.

There is a large pressure air wave to start and an explosion of noise. The carriages give off some more pressure air waves and finally the end goes by. There is absolutely no vacuum effect.

Go and take a look for yourself because you don't have to take my word for it.

I have jumped off the side of hills with a parachute on but this is platform thing is something else.

You don't get it do you.

The line is on the platform for people to stand behind. It's at the recognised distance for anybody to stand behind and is put there for peoples health and safety.

Try standing next to it, face the train and be prepared for an amazing experience.

Also, since you have no idea about the effect. I'll explain.

There is a large pressure air wave to start and an explosion of noise. The carriages give off some more pressure air waves and finally the end goes by. There is absolutely no vacuum effect.

Go and take a look for yourself because you don't have to take my word for it.

I have jumped off the side of hills with a parachute on but this is platform thing is something else.

No. No I don't. My Brother is a station master...and the last person he wants to see is someone like you! As you are a maniac idiot.

As a psyschopathic maniac, stand in front/near trains, if that gets you going...it certainly explains some posts on here.

you still don't get it.

People are allowed to stand next to the line if they want to.
Its put there as a guide line for safety purposes.

Ask you're station friend about it. Then perhaps you'll stop coming up with assumptions that are not based on fact.

Go along and have a look, then you'll see what I mean.

The expression that comes to mind with your reply is 'Do not knock it until you've tried it'.

In fact I would challenge anybody that wants a real thrill to go and have a look, then you'll see what I mean.

I have done many,many things in what could have been potentially fatal in my time, but I did it with care, expertise and knowledge that if I concentrated, held my nerve, I would be all right.

That's why at my age I am here now.

Now, when it comes to railway stations you seem to have no expertise or knowledge. Based on the answers you are giving.

seatbelts are there for a purpose in aeroplanes, you can choose to use them after the light has gone out or not, it is general knowledge that in the event of turbulence that the seatbelt will prevent injury to passengers.

I know that i would rather not run the risk of hitting severe turbulence and ending up being thrown around the cabin like a sack of tatties so i wear it!

it does not affect your ability to see through the window, speak to your neighbour etc. If it really bothers you that much just think about if you were in a car - you would have to wear it!

it happens http://www.examiner.com/airlines-airport-in-national/turbulence-causes-injuries-on-united-flight-967

you still don't get it.

People are allowed to stand next to the line if they want to.
Its put there as a guide line for safety purposes.
Actually it is you that doesn't get it. That line is there for passengers getting on a train that is slowed right down, in order not to get clipped. It is not meant to be a safe distance for 125mph. Most trains not stopping and are platform side are on speed restriction anyway, and they will tell you to stand back. Trains going through at 125mph on platform side a rarer. You are supposed to stand back. It that was a freight train you could be knock for six.

I have done many,many things in what could have been potentially fatal in my time, but I did it with care, expertise and knowledge that if I concentrated, held my nerve, I would be all right.

you mean you were lucky

bhm1712";p="1754241 said:
you mean you were lucky

In dangerous sports the luck element has in time and experience to be squeezed out and in that respect, yes you do need luck. Sometimes the luck is someone breaking down or crashing and you win by default.
Take for instance when Foinavon won the Grand National or when Hamilton won the F1 world champ.

Sponsored Links
Back