Wot is minimum pitch on Rosemary clay tile roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen was originally a pitched roof. In the past it's been changed to a partly flat roof (felted)and partly pitched using rosemary clay tiles. I'm keeping the headroom at kitchen end as best i can (the reason it was probably changed-the floor originally being lower but now all on the same level). I am also adding a velux window. I'm changing the roof back to a fully pitched using same tiles and was wondering - What is the minimum pitch i can use? Pretty sure the roof will have to go further up and step down into smaller roof (although would be great if i can keep all same level but surely the angle of kitchen roof would be too shallow?
View media item 14551 View media item 14539 View media item 14550 View media item 14554View media item 14548

Sponsored Links
1. Is there any other tile i can use that closely matches the red rosemary tile, but which will allow for a lower angle pitch to possibly level up with the top of the other smaller roof?
2. If i used the original clay tiles and extended the kitchen roof upwards at 35 degree, does there need to be a gap between top edge of roof and bottom of the window - if so how much ( ie. for lead flashing etc)?
3. Is there a min degree also for the velux window?

Sponsored Links
minimum pitch for a velux is 15 degrees.

the roof should be detailed to allow an upstand of 150mm on the lead apron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back