Yearning for Change?

Sponsored Links
Members of the thinktank behind the document are annoyed no mention of PR is in the final draft and without that i can't see any way of getting this across to the electorate when the time comes to vote out the Tories.
We had our chance for some form of PR. No Westminster major party will support it, The Libs and Greens would. The system tends to result in coalitions. That sounds good but take the one we had. Some Libs got company cars and better jobs. The main aspect of their manifesto got nowhere. Not costed. Ok increased tax allowance but that's about it and may be part Tory anyway. Said to take millions out of income tax. Interesting comment on income levels.

Germany's power problems are highly likely to be down to the Greens. No nuke what ever other options mean in practice.

LOL So is PR a good idea. If politics wasn't a bit bent maybe it would be. People hope it will steer middle grounds but it doesn't seem to,

The crew that began this whole financial mess.
Gee I didn't know that they created a global financial crisis. Thanks for telling me.

Sure sign of voters idiocy that often crops up. A crisis that no gov can do anything about so blame them. Similar is happening with covid.

Gee I didn't know that they created a global financial crisis. Thanks for telling me.

Sure sign of voters idiocy that often crops up. A crisis that no gov can do anything about so blame them. Similar is happening with covid.
Who mentioned global financial crisis?

Sure sign of voters idiotic biased interpretation based on what they want to see and hear.

For clarity this thread, and responses in it are UK specific.

Sponsored Links
For clarity this thread, and responses in it are UK specific
:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: So the fact that a large proportion of the west had exactly the same problem and handled it in the same way is irrelevant?

Oh dear.

I'd be curious to know how many people actually read the manifestos in deciding their vote.
I never read them and i doubt many people do - but i listen, and i'm not convinced by Labour's 'New Deal'.

:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: So the fact that a large proportion of the west had exactly the same problem and handled it in the same way is irrelevant?

Oh dear.
Did they?

Anyway, this thread, and my reply is/was UK specific. Try and read the context, it helps tremendously.

The Lords needs reform, but to abolish and replace with an American style second chamber is a mistake in my view. That just drags us over a bit more to the US way which is frankly ****ed; and will embed partisan politics more fully.

Fixed terms and really really close scrutiny of interests, from a body outside Parliament would be my way of doing it. No hereditary after they die off. The titles, 'Lord and Lady' would become no more than acknowledgements that the individuals have served their country. No pensions, only expenses. No flats in London for anyone with a home <50 miles out. And so on...

Because they are commies and want to abolish all British traditions.
Not Commies: Republicans. Gant posted a link in regard to 'Balkanisation' of the UK and Labour's plan reeks of a break-up of the UK into regional zones that decentralise government and bring additional powers to Scotland. Another problem with the notion to abolish the HoL is breaking the ancient role of the monarch and the Lords in matters of State which would reduce the role of the King to a tourist attraction. This would certainly leave Northern Ireland at the mercy of Irish Republicans and i dare say they'd have a great deal to say about those plans.
Will they be in the manifesto? Probably; but they'd certainly run into a blizzard of legislative opposition as the Lords and Ladies of this realm will not go quietly into that good night.

Sponsored Links
Back