Yes, there is an ardent Brexiteer called Max Gammon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't refer only to white people. The gammons, are usually white, but not exclusively.

"Rosebifs' would be considered a pejorative term for English people, if you really wanted to be offended by it.
And you do seem easily offended, even offended by terms that aren't racially/ethnically/nationally/culturally or religion-wise offensive, such as 'gammon', although it is a political jibe, as is 'snowflake'.

Incidentally, make no mistake, I do not like, appreciate or in any way think that demonising people because of their political beliefs is acceptable.
Prejudice based on race/ethnicity/culture/religion or nationality is not, IMO, a prejudice based on a political belief. It is pure bigotry based on the person's ideology, that other ethnicities, nationalities, etc are in some way inferior or to blame for socio-economic problems.

Hang on this the same Jason implying i was inciting racial hatred because i felt our British homeless should be prioritised first? It does say 'usually white people' that in itself is putting a derogatory slant on a class of people usually white?? What if that said 'usually black people' can you imagine the outrage? You for one would be accusing us of racism for sure. Heard of this term before and it doesn't bother me, and fits the bill i agree how unfortunate ;) I have no issues with nicknames for anyone whatever their background i love a bit of banter, but there's a massive double standard here, give me an example of a pejorative slang/nickname for none white people that isn't classed as racist or offensive? (disparaging/derogatory for those like me who needed to confirm it's meaning)
I can think of one often used in music culture alot, but white people aren't allowed to use it?

/waiting for the thread to be closed now ;)

Sponsored Links
And you do seem easily offended,
How do reach that conclusion?
Andy does 'seem to be' easily offended.
What part of 'seem to be' do you not understand?

It's like you saying 'objecting to racism is dangerous and divisive', whilst avoiding admitting that the racism itself is perfectly acceptable.
If you claim objecting to one thing is dangerous and divisive, you are appearing to admit that the original is acceptable, not dangerous nor divisive.
I gather that "gammon" is a insulting term for white people.
Am I right?
If so, how is it allowed when if we said insulting things about other-coloured people we would be denounced and censored?
I like a good insult when it's amusing - but gammon isn't that funny;
But it is hypocrisy.
Or, is it that, as Jo Brand said: "You can't be racist to a white person" ?
No, that isn't allowed; but making fun of the colour of a white person's skin seems to be!

It's like you saying 'objecting to racism is dangerous and divisive', whilst avoiding admitting that the racism itself is perfectly acceptable.
If you claim objecting to one thing is dangerous and divisive, you are appearing to admit that the original is acceptable, not dangerous nor divisive.

I note you refuse to discuss what benefit you think is achieved by your constant calling people on here racist.

Do you think it has a positive benefit or negative?

Or is the purpose merely for you to claim the moral high ground.

Sponsored Links
Hang on this the same Jason implying i was inciting racial hatred because i felt our British homeless should be prioritised first? It does say 'usually white people' that in itself is putting a derogatory slant on a class of people usually white?? What if that said 'usually black people' can you imagine the outrage? You for one would be accusing us of racism for sure. Heard of this term before and it doesn't bother me, and fits the bill i agree how unfortunate ;) I have no issues with nicknames for anyone whatever their background i love a bit of banter, but there's a massive double standard here, give me an example of a pejorative slang/nickname for none white people that isn't classed as racist or offensive? (disparaging/derogatory for those like me who needed to confirm it's meaning)
I can think of one often used in music culture alot, but white people aren't allowed to use it?

/waiting for the thread to be closed now ;)
The term 'gammon' does not have a racial/ethnic/nationality attached to it. What part of that do you not understand? Therefore your post above is based on a false premise.
I said that the object of those described as 'gammons' are invariably white. That is only because of the politics involved. But Black, Asian, Muslim, Jews are also included.
It is not a term that is used exclusively for white people. Therefore it cannot be considered racially/ethnically/nationality/culturally or religiously pejorative.

There are, I'm sure, teams, groups, gatherings of usually black or other ethnic people. But because they are not exclusively black (or other ethnic people) any word used to describe the team, gathering or group can not be described as racially pejorative.
It would be like calling someone a Harlem Globe Trotter, as a pejorative term, because the team usually consists of a majority of black people. It would be nonsense.

I note you refuse to discuss what benefit you think is achieved by your constant calling people on here racist.

Do you think it has a positive benefit or negative?

Or is the purpose merely for you to claim the moral high ground.
Well let's flip the argument, à la festive.
What benefit is there in allowing racist comments to go unchallenged?
Or would it be a negative effect, generally, in society not to challenge racist comments?

It is nothing to do with a moral high ground, unless you think that allowing racist comments to stand unchallenged is morally acceptable. Do you?

I note that you resort to your exaggerations again with 'constantly'. When will you reintroduce your 'everyone'?
You still avoid putting a number on your 'everyone', 'many' or 'constantly'. Why is that?

Therefore it cannot be considered racially/ethnically/nationality/culturally or religiously pejorative.
I am pleased you seem to have finally realised that those categories are separate and different.

Please explain how the term 'gammon' could apply to black people.

I quite like a bit of Gammon -goes well with pineapple (y)
Fresh pineapple, cut into a wedge.

Gently fry in butter until starting to colour. Add brown sugar and a chopped chilli of whatever intensity you like, and fry for a few minutes to caramelise.

The term 'gammon' does not have a racial/ethnic/nationality attached to it. What part of that do you not understand? Therefore your post above is based on a false premise.
I said that the object of those described as 'gammons' are invariably white. That is only because of the politics involved. But Black, Asian, Muslim, Jews are also included.
It is not a term that is used exclusively for white people. Therefore it cannot be considered racially/ethnically/nationality/culturally or religiously pejorative.

There are, I'm sure, teams, groups, gatherings of usually black or other ethnic people. But because they are not exclusively black (or other ethnic people) any word used to describe the team, gathering or group can not be described as racially pejorative.
It would be like calling someone a Harlem Globe Trotter, as a pejorative term, because the team usually consists of a majority of black people. It would be nonsense.

As i and many others have pointed out you're so far up your own opinion and reasoning you can't reason. I can only assume you are either a)A flawed google project which has somehow passed a poor Turing test and has leaked onto t'internet B) You are Isolated from society as we know it, a sort of bumbling Julian Assange.

Your greatest weakness is assuming everyone around you is bereft of reasoning and the ability to interpret. Yet you aren't.

Gammon, where do you honestly think the term comes from? Stop attempting to reason your way out of things with null points or pedantic corrections. Name a Black Asian Muslim etc to who looks like Gammon or is a 'Gammon' come on.. it's not solely political the reference here, it's by appearance also. Stop adding or moving the goal posts when it suits to justify your piffle you're making sh't up again.

Gammon... why do you think the term Gammon was used when it's expressed in association to? Think about it Jason.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...t-wing-insult-gammon-racist-towards-white-men

/Nail /Jelly

Jo Brand says "You cannot be racist towards a white person". Right on!

the term "Gammon" is most often used by one white British person to describe another white British person.

It is used based on the Gammon's politicial and social attitude, and perhaps his portliness.

Silly Andy thinks it is used by a white British person who wants to be derogatory about being white and British.

Andy is a twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back