yet another question - contactor switchin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im doin some wiring for a large building (and before you ask, yes i can do it, i have a specification and someone will be testing/issuing certs), but the spec says switch 1 should be fed thru contactor 1 and switch 2 should be fed thru contactor 2. both contactors will be switch from a fish keyswitch in another part of the building. i understand how to connect this, but the question is, what do i do for power for the switchin circuit?

do i take it from live and neutral coming into the contactor for each (bearing in mind that the switch is in a totally differnent location)

or

have a seperate MCB in the DB for the switching?

Sponsored Links
For inconvevience issues should one mcb trip, I would be tempted to feed the switching circuits individually. Either this or mcb1 feeds switch1 which feeds contactor1, mcb2 feeds switch2 which feeds contactor2. In this case, you may need to put a fuse in somewhere to supply the control circuit.

Spark123 said:
For inconvevience issues should one mcb trip, I would be tempted to feed the switching circuits individually. Either this or mcb1 feeds switch1 which feeds contactor1, mcb2 feeds switch2 which feeds contactor2. In this case, you may need to put a fuse in somewhere to supply the control circuit.
i was thinkin it would need a fuse, but do i take it form a seperate MCB or put a FCU next to the contactor?

andrew2022 said:
Spark123 said:
i was thinkin it would need a fuse, but do i take it form a seperate MCB or put a FCU next to the contactor?
My personal opinion is to put a fuse next to the contactor, possibly within the same enclsure.

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
andrew2022 said:
Spark123 said:
My personal opinion is to put a fuse next to the contactor, possibly within the same enclsure.

will do that. thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back