You were correct all along JohnD

If we have a country governed by an elected Parliament

Exactly "If"
We have no say in electing the eu officials who play a large part in governing our country.
Out means Out.

Sponsored Links
Exactly "If"
We have no say in electing the eu officials who play a large part in governing our country.
Out means Out.

Well said Rog. Not only do we have unelected plebs making up stupid rules and regulations, we now have three unelected senile old wig wearers telling us that old Dave had no right to give the people a free vote in the referendum, and it now has to be discussed by MPs before the outcome of that vote can be ratified. Why didn't they speak up before the referendum?

The high court decision said that Parliament must be consulted on the terms of Brexit & that on this issue the Royal prerogative powers cannot be used .

personally I do not see the problem / issue after all we are supposed to live in a parliamentary democracy ??

The high court decision said that Parliament must be consulted on the terms of Brexit & that on this issue the Royal prerogative powers cannot be used .

personally I do not see the problem / issue after all we are supposed to live in a parliamentary democracy ??

The high court has decided the government does not have the power to trigger article 50 without consulting parliament.

This means that the British government does not have the authority to proceed with the UK’s exit from the European Union without the approval of parliament. This is completely diffferent to what you have said.

Sponsored Links
The high court has decided the government does not have the power to trigger article 50 without consulting parliament.

This means that the British government does not have the authority to proceed with the UK’s exit from the European Union without the approval of parliament. This is completely diffferent to what you have said.

technically the government does not have the power to trigger article 50 with out the majority or consent of parliament.

the high court ruling states that parliament must be consulted ? article 50 will be invoked ? it may be delayed but it will be invoked

high court ruling makes no odds neither will it if the supreme court up hold there ruling

Simples

Are you telling us that you don't support the supremacy of the UK Parliament?

Who do you think is responsible for passing UK laws?

This is taken from an interview I came across with the PM herself:
By this point I knew we probably would never be friends so I asked her that given Maidenhead had voted overwhelmingly Remain would she vote against Brexit should she lose the Supreme Court case? She then said she was a representative not a “delegate” and was not obliged to be the voice of her constituents…………….. I said I thought the people of Maidenhead may find this interesting in the next election. She said anyone who didn’t understand this, doesn’t understand the role of an MP. I said I thought there would many who didn’t understand this.
So if MPs get to vote on Brexit, according to the PM, they shouldn't consider their constituents thoughts/feelings on the matter, but vote how they feel it should go.

Given most MPs are pro-EU, this is interesting.

I thought it was pretty clear what I was telling you and that was what the high ruling meant.

This is taken from an interview I came across with the PM herself:

So if MPs get to vote on Brexit, according to the PM, they shouldn't consider their constituents thoughts/feelings on the matter, but vote how they feel it should go.

Given most MPs are pro-EU, this is interesting.

Than those MP's who are staunch remainers ? & they are in the majority (?) can stop Brexit & stop the country leaving the E.U .

but will they ??? :)

I thought it was pretty clear what I was telling you and that was what the high ruling meant.
yes, it looks like you are denying the supremacy of the UK Parliament, which is why I asked you to confirm it.

It is not at all clear who you think is responsible for passing UK laws, which is why I asked you, but you have not answered.

You mean like the supremacy of the eu parliament where by they totally ignore referendum results.
That's what I class as a dictatorship.

Than those MP's who are staunch remainers ? & they are in the majority (?) can stop Brexit & stop the country leaving the E.U .

but will they ??? :)

Are you saying that 20 mph is too slow a restriction outside a school?

Can you really make fairy cakes by blending the flour and margarine first?

You mean like the supremacy of the eu parliament where by they totally ignore referendum results.

I am not aware of the EU having held a referendum of EU citizens, never mind one that they declared, prior to the referendum, would be binding and not advisory. Please tell me which referenda you mean.

You must be the most boring person on earth. It's over, we don't want any more migrants, THANK YOU. Stop posting the same shyte over and over. If as a scot you don't like it vote out when that creature has another referendum for you. Nobody gives a sh1t about scotland we would cast you adrift if we could.

none-votes-voting-nicola_sturgeon-scottish_national_party-david_cameron-bron3644_low.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back