Corgi reg homer paperwork.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi did a quick search and could not find the answer that I am after, wonder if you guys can help.

Im about ready to embark on getting my heating replaced and im looking into the possibility of getting it done as a homer off a worcester bosch corgi field engineer. Im just wondering as it will be off the books (he deff corgi) will he/me have any problems completing a Bulding Regulations Compliance Certificate and Declaration of Safety Certificate. Basically can corgi be informed of the job and will my guarantee for my new boiler stand.

Sponsored Links
If your WB Engineer is qualified for installing boilers and holds his own CORGI registration should'nt be a problem.

I clicked on thinking the topic would be Homer, either the Odessy or the Iliad :confused:

so anyway, if the guy works for worcester and doesnt have his own rgi ticket in his own right then he is a gas operative working under worcesters own rgi ticket, and as such he's actually going to be working without registration.
as such he cant sign it off. to my understanding.

I clicked on thinking the topic would Homer, either the Odessy or the Iliad :confused:

so anyway, if the guy works for worcester and doesnt have his own rgi ticket in his own right then he is a gas operative working under worcesters own rgi ticket, and as such he's actually going to be working without registration.
as such he cant sign it off. to my understanding.

Just had a quick read of that link, its all Greek to me :eek:

Your correct , he needs his own registration.

;)

Sponsored Links
i work for bg and i've been told if iam workin for family or friends and not collectin payment i can register the installation through them! ive neva tried it n i dnt think i wud tho!

If he isn't Corgi regd in his own name, he won't have a number to put on the form, and Corgi would snootily point out that he's working illegally.
He wouldn't be insured either, I expect.

i work for bg and i've been told if iam workin for family or friends and not collectin payment i can register the installation through them! ive neva tried it n i dnt think i wud tho!

Thats out of order that is, though I know smaller companies do it as well :mad:

;)

just sayin wat ive been told, ya still get a number if ya workin under a company.. ive still got to fill in a buildin regs form if i fit a cooker for bg n i should imagine it contains all the same details

Stay clear and get it done by a registered installer !!

BG allow that :eek:
Amazing how far they will go to keep their engineers :rolleyes:

You do get a number Gaz, but that number is BG's.
Officially you need a number of your own registered to you personally ;) :cool:

Chers for the quick replies, will find out if he got his own corgi reg and if not find someone who has. Just goes to show you, even though works with WB may not be able to fit my boiler with a guarantee!

You can always call WB and ask em if they allow their engineers to do their own work and register through them !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back