House fire in Leighton Buzzard

S

Soggy_weetabix

I tried to get in. I tried and tried. I just couldnt get up to the top of the house. I could have got that girl but the heat was so much. Im sorry I didnt get her but I tried so hard.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sogs,
if this is what you are refering to in Johns link then you have nothing to reproach yourself for mate.
Even the professionals couldn't get in.
Take heart you did your best Sogs and hopefully she fell asleep quickly and didn't know about any of it.
Condolences to her father and rest of her siblings.

Yes it was. I did try. Not hard enough though. Im a hard bas@tard and was beaten by the heat. I should have been stronger and got that girl. That was my Katies friend, and I could have got her. I just couldnt get to the top of the house due to the heat. I even went in the kitchen to put more towels over my face not knowing the fact she had made it down to the kitchen. I hope she was dead by then. Im so sorry I could not get her her out.

Please don't beat yourself up over it Soggy. You have to accept that it was beyond what any man could do. You're a hero.

Soggy, I know it doesn't matter what I or anyone else says. But I want you to know that I feel I speak for all the members here when I say, you did more than most could even think of doing son. Our thoughts go out to all that have been touched by this.

I shan't be posting in any other threads this evening lads. Doesn't seem right somehow.

Couldn't agree more Blas.
A hero is someone who tries even if he doesn't manage to pull it off. Its real life not the movies. Hold your head up high Sogs mate.

I may be wrong but I think Sogs would want us to try and carry on as normal, be it in a subdued manner for some of us.

Yes it was. I did try. Not hard enough though. Im a hard bas@tard and was beaten by the heat. I should have been stronger and got that girl. That was my Katies friend, and I could have got her. I just couldnt get to the top of the house due to the heat. I even went in the kitchen to put more towels over my face not knowing the fact she had made it down to the kitchen. I hope she was dead by then. Im so sorry I could not get her her out.

you are a hero my man you couldnt have saved her the temperature would have killed you in seconds

ironicly i live in a mid terrace victorian house and 20.00 last night there was a fire next door that completly gutted one room and smoke dammaged the whole house luckily no one was seriously hurt and every one got out ok

in my eyes you are 10 times more of a man than i am because you tried not just once but twice

you will beat your self up its natural but please please try remember your a hero not a failure

if the pro's couldn't get in with all their fireproof gear and BA kit on Sogggy, then you've absolutely nothing to beat yourself up about..
lesser men wouldn't even have tried..

it takes a special kind of person to risk their own life to try and save another..

i cant really add any more then whats already been written but TOTAL RESPECT TO YOU.

Sponsored Links
Back