13 metre guttering run

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

I am trying to conclude the advice I've received and arriving at the following: use a very stead descent over the 13 metres. Perhaps use the spirit level from one bracket to another rather than a string as it might be easier to gauge, especially if the fascia is not level?

I am also inclined to use the deep flow guttering (I assume that ogee is an example of this). We think that the one outlet should be adequate but I may want to consider two close to each other ad have them merging into one downpipe.

Does that have your blessings?

Does that have your blessings?
I don't think we ever worked out whether it's overflowing due to incorrect slope or insufficient capacity.
If the first, then re level idea is good, if the second then the extra outlets sounds better

Sponsored Links
The slope definitely doesn't seem correct. This is apparent from the naked eye but also verified by where the water is standing. Since I don't know if this is the only reason why its overflowing, would it be sensible to introduce more capacity too? That's the theory I was working on.

Dont try and level from bracket to bracket. The gutter will be all over the place.

Pick any manufacturers guide and you will see that one outlet over that distance is not sufficient

I am now ready to re-do this guttering run using deeplflow guttering.
Question, will a 2 cm fall be adequate over this 12 metre run? I need to be careful as the fascia is running in the opposite direction of the gutter fall!

Also, how do I deal with this small piece of gutter to the left? It's massively slanted which doesn't look very nice...

Attachments

• gutter.jpeg
    gutter.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 250
48m2 is a lot, you don't really need much fall if any, but you'll need more than one outlet (which can be combined into a hopper once they've dropped below roof level)
Standard outlets have a very poor capacity due to all the water overshooting and colliding, but hoppers all the water is stationary and falling down the hole together so can use more the pipe capacity

Pedantically, that would be level down ( to the outlet);) Seriously, 1:600 is a recommended fall for deepflow 25 mm in 15m. A water level/garden hose could be used to get a true level/datum on the facia. Then a string line on the top of the brackets where they screw to the fascia ( not in the bottom where discrepancies can occur.)

Last edited:
If it was my house I would have been up the ladder when it was raining to see if it was overflowing due to capacity or incompetance!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back