3 band A combis needed wheres Best price Anyone?

What about a ravenheat 120 or 150 , reasonable money , 3 year warranty , u can get 2 of the 42 kw combis for the price of a 40 kw worc !!

all the hard ware in them , is no different to what is fitted on many other combi's , (including worc ? ) , u can even upgrade to a combi store , free hot water , (save the planet & all that caper )

Electronics well , dunno , will let u know in due course :) bit noisey as well , make sure it is the current model , not old stock ,tried to get the plate out of one of the older ones ,. took a chunk out of my knuckle :eek: who ever designed that set up should have been stood up against the nearest wall & ????????????

Sponsored Links
What about a ravenheat 120 or 150 , reasonable money , 3 year warranty , u can get 2 of the 42 kw combis for the price of a 40 kw worc !!

all the hard ware in them , is no different to what is fitted on many other combi's , (including worc ? ) , u can even upgrade to a combi store , free hot water , (save the planet & all that caper )

Electronics well , dunno , will let u know in due course :) bit noisey as well , make sure it is the current model , not old stock ,tried to get the plate out of one of the older ones ,. took a chunk out of my knuckle :eek: who ever designed that set up should have been stood up against the nearest wall & ????????????

:mrgreen: YOU CAN DO IF YOU B AND Q IT !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get a pensioner to buy iton a wednesday and get an ectra 10% off ! ;)

:mrgreen: YOU CAN DO IF YOU B AND Q IT !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get a pensioner to buy iton a wednesday and get an ectra 10% off ! ;)

Not anymore u can't :) ravenheat pulled out of the B&poo stores , a while back, due to the fact that they were giving them ( raven ) a bad rep ??
B&poo sell biasi , & heatline , also worc now although apparently they are only available via the trade point counter ??

Was more wrong with ideal than the design and build of the boilers. And THAT went further back than the Isar.

Company attitude was and still is as pleasant as a skid mark on your "evenings pull's under crackers" the nest morning.

you have a wasted gift with words dan

Sponsored Links
Would you prefer to have manufacturer back up, or rely on being friends with your installer for 5 years?

It may not surprise you to know that installers spend most of their time .....installing. I can't leave an installation half finished to do a repair, or collect parts for a repair.

That's why I fit boilers by Worcester Bosch and give a 7 yr warranty. Because I do a significant volume I pay nothing for that 7 yr warranty.

And if i get run over by a bus, emigrate to Monaco, or decide to open a pie shop, my customers are still well looked after.

With Intergas, if any of the above happen, your warrnty looks in jeopardy.

Would you prefer to have manufacturer back up, or rely on being friends with your installer for 5 years?

It may not surprise you to know that installers spend most of their time .....installing. I can't leave an installation half finished to do a repair, or collect parts for a repair.

That's why I fit boilers by Worcester Bosch and give a 7 yr warranty. Because I do a significant volume I pay nothing for that 7 yr warranty.

And if i get run over by a bus, emigrate to Monaco, or decide to open a pie shop, my customers are still well looked after.

With Intergas, if any of the above happen, your warrnty looks in jeopardy.

What would you charge to change any random make combi to a wb with a 7 yr warranty ?

I think putting pricing on the forum is against the rules; also it confuses people because few two jobs are the same. Also labour rates are higher in my area than some of the Northern parts of UK.

I think putting pricing on the forum is against the rules; also it confuses people because few two jobs are the same. Also labour rates are higher in my area than some of the Northern parts of UK.

Well a wb with a 7 yr warranty takes it above 1200 for the boiler alone doesnt it ?

which i would think makes it a bit steap for some but especially a for a let property .

I also wasnt aware you had to pay extra for admin on the warrantys till i was told in the CC.

I dont pay any more for my boilers than you.

Having 7 years without any unforeseen grief is extremely compelling for many customers, and I am only too happy myself too, knowing I have a 320 strong team who work 6 days a week and have a >96% chance of a fix on the first visit.

British Gas would die for a figure that good.

No brainer as far as I am concerned. The likes of Atmos and Intergas may import the best boiler in the World, but this isn't the point to the man in the street.

As it happens, I've seen the Intergas and I don't think it's the best boiler in Peckham. Four years ago many here were extolling the virtues of the Remeha. I'm sorry to say I installed some of them, and learnt a valuable lesson.

Interest theory Simond... but the installer does not have to fix anything. You can fit and forget all You want.

I think You are getting confused with someone like me who installs and repairs. unlike other installers that leave their customers swinging in the wind after they have took there money. telling the end user to phone some third party when they cold is poor customer service.

To honest the "I only install boilers " Mob give the poorest value for money IMO. Maybe I am unique in thinking that a single point of contact for my customer future heating and plumbing needs is a good idea.

At any rate would take a intergas or atmos over an wb any day of the week. You don't need gangs of repairman running all over the place to fix their over branded mediocre boiler like WB.

Also you would need to be a fool to think any warranty is free.

I'd fit Intergas every time before Worcester Tupperware Bosch. We've a site on the go at the minute with WTBs Greenstar JRs specced & they are the biggest load of plastic sh.te you've ever seen. Oh don't get me wrong we've not had any problems with them, in fact out of the 80 we have fitted so far, there's only been one minor problem. But 4-5 years down the line that plastic will break in your hands!!! I've told the HA Clerk of Works how he better be prepared for high maintenance costs.

I can repair my boilers where necessary, I just think it is the duty of the manufacturer within the warranty period.

We used to fit mainly Vaillant, but it's now mainly Bosch because I have found them more reliable. You wont find a Wilo pump in a Worcester, but you will in an older ecotec ......and the second coming on Diynot, Intergas.

There is only one reason a manufacturer will fit a domestic boiler with a Wilo pump - cost.

Bosch are a bit fiddly, and they have some plastic in them, but i have found them to be the most reliable. Furthermore, if they do go wrong, they answer the phone.

We could argue about what is best till the cows come home.

But my definition of 'warranty' is where the manufacturer comes in their own van, full of parts, next day, and fixes it on the spot, with no charge.

The best combi on the market at the moment is the Atag a325ec as it costs no less than an Ideal and is considerably cheaper than a WB who are not interested in the gas boiler market any more, are trading on thier good name and are concentrating on renewables. The A325ec has an all stainless steel heat exchanger and has hot water recuperation as standard, this being expensive on other boilers, namely baxi and alpha. Ideal have made the Logic Plus a near second but until the Logic Code is released with a 5 yr warranty I cannot bring myself to use them.

I'm sure the ATAG is a good boiler but they have no service force.

worcester Bosch not interested in the gas boiler market? That is just laughable - they sold over 300,000 boilers last year in the UK.

Remind me how many ATAG sold from their nerve centre in Chichester? And the year before?

The renewables market in the UK is very small, and is shrinking. Plenty of out of work Solar PV men around.

Nobody has mentioned Viessmann, yet.

Fitted a dozen or so, inc the combi's, cheaper than the Vaillant equivalent. 5 year warranty too. Of course the installer is as important as the appliance, and system water quality is paramount - as ever.

The older Baxi Duotec/Potterton equivalents also come with 5 years (IIRC ?)

Dunno about the new netatecs(?)

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back