3 band A combis needed wheres Best price Anyone?

Thanks for the input fellow Hominins

I have decided to go with the new model Ravenheat (dont laugh)
My decision deciders;
3 years warranty
1200 + vodka and tonic for 3.
The worcester was 3k+ for 3
Intergas same and my plumber cant get me the extra warranty
Apparantly the new model is more efficient than a greenstar
My plumber says they are OK
Oh and a plumber recently gave this review
'I am a registered gas safe engineer and would never touch an old Ravenheat boiler with a 10 foot bargepole. However recently I had to fit a replacement boiler for a landlord and as usual he wanted the job done as cheaply as possible. Out of choice I fit Vaillant boilers but this was never going to be an option with the amount of money that was offered.
My local merchant tried to sell me one of Ravenheat's NEW condensing boilers. I was very sceptical but was assured that the new generation were very good with a 3 year parts and labour warranty. they are rumoured to use some Vaillant parts , is this true ? I don't know.
Anyway I've fitted the boiler it it all seems to be working fine, time will tell,but I can sleep at night because of it's 3 year parts and labour warranty.
We have to give them a chance, I genuinely hope they've turned things around.
Andrew'

Oh and on top of that times are tough

I might yet be singing 'two outta three aint bad'
i'll let you know
Tenkyu tru

Sponsored Links
brave brave man ! my thoughts are with you at this difficult time :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes the

CSI 85 AAA (T) 780 SERIES 'high performance combi boiler'

Bit like the Gxl or Ghia of the range i think :mrgreen:

have you had experience these electro-mechanical wonderments transam?

Siyabonga

Transam is a bit of a boiler pimp, He likes them cheap and dirty :LOL: Lets hope he wears rubber gloves when he installs them...

Btw I would look in his profile at the ravenheat heat exchangers. Anyway atleast you will have spare parts when the first one goes tits up. You can rob it for bits when it's rip off the wall.

Yes the

CSI 85 AAA (T) 780 SERIES 'high performance combi boiler'

Bit like the Gxl or Ghia of the range i think :mrgreen:

have you had experience these electro-mechanical wonderments transam?

Siyabonga

Not the combi's , although we do have one set up in our workshop come office ( not working at the mo ) fitted quite a few of the CSI heat only boilers years ago fixed rate , the later versions triple A's were altered so

In order to get the effiency ratings they had to in build a fan modulating ect & we fitted 3 of them about 5 to 6 years ago (?) , still look after them , never had a problem

We had issues with some of the earlier csi models , & after that we stayed away from them , but we have fitted a few of the pre-mix csi's 120 & 150 's , in the last few month's

Your model of combi may well be the only domestic boiler on the market , designed so that it will not light if there is a significant leak on the combustion chamber seal or the combustion chamber is removed !! hence the screws 150mm apart on the combustion cover , hope it works out , let us know ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back