A few photo's.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Found under the floor boards.

Occupant had spurred two sockets from a 6mm t&e 32a mcb

The tiler 'installed' the shower.

Sponsored Links
At least the CPC will not work loose, must have gone to a lot of trouble to trap it under the lid

I found a similar box under a floor, the makers address was in the next street, can't beat locally sourced produce

At least the CPC will not work loose, must have gone to a lot of trouble to trap it under the lid
I think they must have cut (or broken!) a bit of an 'entry hole' for it in the back part of the box, so it may not be trapped - otherwise I find it hard to believe that a cable that size could have been squashed enough for the front and back bits of the enclosure to get that close together!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Seems odd, having hacked out a great gaping hole 5x (or more) bigger than needed, not to use that for the cpc as well.

It's also odd that he decided to rip out the MCB from the "shower CU" and replace it with a nasty old blanking plate. Why not just buy an RCD and a box instead??!!

I'm assuming there's overcurrent protection further upstream...

I'm assuming there's overcurrent protection further upstream...
Never assume! (particularly not when looking at workmanship of this standard!). I suppsoe we should give a little credit to the 'tiler' for having installed an RCD at all!

Kind Regards, John

Sorry I should have said 'replaced' the shower, it was an existing RCD and there is a 32A mcb protecting the circuit.

Just wondering what's going on with a main switch half way along a newish eaton consumer unit?
It isn't as if those MCBs are rare!

I dont remember the exact configuration of the board, a bodge is certainly the word for the whole thing.

That's the only photo I have unfortunately

Just wondering what's going on with a main switch half way along a newish eaton consumer unit?
It isn't as if those MCBs are rare!

MEM CU's have the incomer central, and a bank of RCD protected ways to the left and right. Not a fan personally. Prefer the traditional layout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back