Accenta G4 alarm - adding panic button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Accenta G4 alarm system fitted with an LED remote panel installed adjacent to the front door. I was wondering if it was possible to install a Panic Button by wiring directly into the remote keypad, and if so, which terminals would need to be shorted when the button was pressed.

I have seen a similar, but now defunct alarm panel installed at another house where this appears to have been done - although I have been unable to inspect the wiring, so it is entirely possible that the PA button is wired quite separately - which for me is not an option.

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
We have an Accenta G4 alarm system fitted with an LED remote panel installed adjacent to the front door. I was wondering if it was possible to install a Panic Button by wiring directly into the remote keypad, and if so, which terminals would need to be shorted when the button was pressed.

I have seen a similar, but now defunct alarm panel installed at another house where this appears to have been done - although I have been unable to inspect the wiring, so it is entirely possible that the PA button is wired quite separately - which for me is not an option.

Any advice gratefully received.

Hi Brian,

Have you not thought about using the keypad's built-in panic button (buttons 4 and 9 simultaneously) ?

You cannot wire directly to the keypad.
However you could sacrifice the keypad's anti-tamper mechanism and remove the two TAMP wires and use them separately in the PA button. You would remove these wires at the (left hand side of) control panel end too and wire into the two PA terminals. You will then need to link out the TAMP terminals for the keypad at the panel to stop the panel going into alarm.

Alternatively, if the installer has used 8 core cable to the keypad you can use the two spare cores for the PA button as the keypad uses 6 cores.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards,
Matt.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks both of you - it was only after your posts that I even realised the panel had a built-in PA facility using 4/9!! It had just occured to me that it would be handy to have this available in the event of any "Problem callers" arriving unwanted at the door. I think I may pop the cover off the panel at some point just to check if 8 core cable has been used - with 2 spare wires unused - I may consider using a dedicated PA switch connected using these, as I think it might be easier to use in a hurry if required.

Regards

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back