Accessing US style healthcare

So 3 pages and no evidence that the UK plans to:

You'll be telling us next that the UK has no plans to negotiate a free trade with the EU that includes access to the Single Market; or no plans to give £350 million a week extra to the NHS.

Sponsored Links
So 3 pages and no evidence that the UK plans to:
- scrap the NHS
- introduce a need for private healthcare
- make people pay more for less [NHS] as a result of signing a US trade deal.

Is that the summary?

Yep. Nothing but rumour or here say.
Plus the usual. Hysteria :LOL:

A US trade deal is barely worth a
A US will be beneficial, it will increase trade

"The British economy would be at most 0.16% larger by the middle of the next decade under a comprehensive trade deal with the US. A more limited trade deal would deliver benefits worth just 0.07% by the middle of the 2030s, or about £1.4bn"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
A more limited trade deal would deliver benefits worth just 0.07% by the middle of the 2030s, or about £1.4bn"
Gosh, we'd better hurry on up and secure that deal.
Another 614 deals like that and the UK can finally say goodbye to the EU.

Lol.

Of course people are lobbying for a slice of the £115bn healthcare spend. There may well be excellent service and financial reasons for Private firms to take on functions that are provided by the NHS. That doesn't change the NHS model commercially or otherwise.

The NHS could do with modernisation.. Prescription catalogs are still printed monthly and distributed like Argos catalogues even though most of them aren't needed. Someone has a contract to do it and must do it.

People keep talking about the NHS as if it's a single organisation. In reality it's around 15,000+ different ones ranging from little GP surgeries to mega trusts that run multiple hospitals around a town.

Part of the problems with the NHS is this fragmentation. You can't stop shipping paper copies of things until all organisations have moved into the late 20th century way of working.

Individual areas do collaborate and there are some shared services but it's despite the structure rather than because of it.

A US trade deal is barely worth a w*nk in any case. Tell the fat orange **** to go do one.

I thought the 2 faced mods's on here said this type of childish, insulting language had to stop.
Far less has been deleted in the past.
About time this Forum was shut down!!

I thought the 2 faced mods's on here said this type of childish, insulting language had to stop.
Far less has been deleted in the past.
About time this Forum was shut down!!
To be fair, I don't think the president of the United States posts on DIY not. He's too busy on Twitter.

You know what, I agree with Carrington. This thread has become childish.

Sponsored Links
Back