ADT Galaxy Upgrade - looking for suggestions

It's best to program the full set zones to allow an entry/exit route with the last door as final. If someone comes in through a window, the intruder activation is then instant and no time to rip any panel off the wall.

Door contact at storm porch as FINAL.
Downstairs hall sensor as PART ENTRY. (this will trigger the entry timer in night and part set and act as an exit zone allowing you to reach the keypad in full set)
All other downstairs zones as INTRUDER.
Set only the garage zones and front door as selected for part set.
Set all upstairs zones as INTRUDER and do de-select them for night set.
Set the bell push as a LINK-A (the first link). You can then set the link to forward to an output on your RIO and connect that to a relay/audible doorbell etc.
Smoke sensor zones are programmed as FIRE (always active).

Watch out with microwave based sensors interfering with each other. Unlike PIR, they are not passive, so cannot cover the same area unless they are designed to work in combination.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks mate... I'll have a work though and let you know how I get on.

Bit of an update...

Sorted all my wiring, got the door bell causing a chime for the moment, ended up with this as 'Custom-A' - is this OK?
I've fitted the ROI in the garage and an RF module in the panel.

Since I needed a keypad for the garage I've moved the existing one to the garage and splashed out on a touchcenter :)

I notice the touchcenter has an Ethernet port... Is this just to give the TC network access and/or does it duplicate the functionality of the Ethernet module?

It's only for hard wired Ethernet access for the camera functionality. It doesn't act as an Ethernet module.

Sponsored Links
Sound, cheers for that.

Zone Programming:
In relation to the 'Function' of each zone... is there a document somewhere that gives you details of intended functionality of each? Nothing in any of the manuals as far as I can see.

'Response Time' - Am I correct in thinking this is the delay between a Zone opening and triggering a full alarm condition if set to do so?
'Custom SIA' - what is this?

The functions are all detailed under zone programming. FINAL, EXIT Etc. Each zone is fully programmable to any of the functions available.

The response time is more for zones where you want a reaction very quickly. Ie. the system response to opening and closing a contact very quickly.

Custom SIA is for event reporting. It allows you to specify the message sent to the monitoring receiver if that zone activates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back