Advice needed on New, reputable boilers and Gas safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, it may be time to ditch my Biasi S24, because I expect that a diagnosis and any replaced parts could soon lead to other parts failing through lifespan, aging, corrosion means.

Seems that based on scoring, I would need a condensing boiler.

Or I could spend £400 quite easily on this old boiler......which of course is not guaranteed that other parts will fail plus it is old.

Anyway, I'm wondering which boiler companies basically have a good rep for parts and longevity, maybe some exceptional built in warranties that hold water(and gas).

Sponsored Links
All installers are different, in my part of the world its worcester bosch as nobody else can get engineers out as quickly and im an AI for them

Only other boiler i fit is vaillant really, depends on your budget

Stainless Steel heat exc' , stay clear of ally ??? boiler with industry standard part's , not to sure on some of the long warranty's offerd by , some manu's , basically pick best of a bad bunch & hope u get it right :)

the best combi boiler is the Intergas HRE (IMHO icon_lol.gif )

The fewest moving parts of any combi
no plate heat exchanger to block
no diverter valve to break
no auto air vent to leak(the boiler does not get air locked)
the most flexible and future proof of any combi
A rated in CH and 95% efficient in hot water(one of the highest you can get)

it is about the only boiler designed to be reliable.

Sponsored Links
Must admit the intergas does seem impressive ??? but I think they have only been imported into the U.K for a short while , give them time ?? see how it go's , simplicity does not nessarily equate to reliability ??? ally heat exc '( I think) will probably slowly dissolve away ???????????

must admit the company's like ideal really put a off alu HX but...

Intergas give 10 year guarantee against the HX failing

that heat exchanger design in one form or another has been in mass production since 1997 and are still in service

and in that time they claim to never have had a HX fail...zero...which made me suck my teeth a little bit because god help if they do :LOL: bold claim to have though.

also because I have one in my house i can see the amount of stuff that lands in my trap it is not much at all.

Viessman have never had a heat exc failure due to condensate flue gas corrosion ever , or so there M.D told me !!! call me a sceptic but 10 year warranty is probably not worth the paper it is written on , they will find some excuse boiler manu's alway's will , if they start going pear shaped ??
alot of these long warranty's I think will cause prob;s for installer's in year's to come ???
I beleive worcestor are or were offering 10 year's on there heat exc 's ?? , approached them , to fit 2 of there boiler's on an industrial / commercial install , boiler's would be condensing 24/7 , refused to honour any such warranty if they were put to this application ???
Just my opinion :) :)

I would ask them. I would love to hear what they would say :LOL: pm me if you want the number of the sale rep. but at a guess they would be happy with the condensing 24/7 but may be a bit squirrelly with the industrial / commercial

don't get me wrong I am keeping my eye wide open for future trouble.

So, it may be time to ditch my Biasi S24, because I expect that a diagnosis and any replaced parts could soon lead to other parts failing through lifespan, aging, corrosion means.

Surely you dont want to replace a 24S until Mick Fletcher has repaired it?

See whats Louise has said about them in her post first!

the best combi boiler is the Intergas HRE (IMHO icon_lol.gif )

The fewest moving parts of any combi
no plate heat exchanger to block
no diverter valve to break
no auto air vent to leak(the boiler does not get air locked)
the most flexible and future proof of any combi
A rated in CH and 95% efficient in hot water(one of the highest you can get)

it is about the only boiler designed to be reliable.

Quite possibly, but the idea isn't new. Some of the earlier Ferrolis had a similar set up with no diverter etc and they turned out to be a heap of junk.

All modern boilers are s***te, toss a coin, but do stear clear of Ravingheat.

not sure if your being sarcastic but what an ignorant statement though however i will accept that due to the technological advancement most boiler manufactures are struggling to keep up in terms of reliability

All modern boilers are s***te, toss a coin, but do stear clear of Ravingheat.

not sure if your being sarcastic but what an ignorant statement though however i will accept that due to the technological advancement most boiler manufactures are struggling to keep up in terms of reliability

Thanks for your contradicktory reply ;), well after 40 years in this game, the ickle likkle words the manufacturers hide in the small print saying, "they reserve the right change spec without notification due to their never ending drive to improve the product" or somethng very similar, so when is that actually going to come into force ????, we have gone from boilers that lasted 35 to 40 years and more which required no more than a T/couple ,gas valve and a T/stat, to piles of ****te full of so called "technology" lasting 3 years or less, what frikkin improvement, the adverse impact of the manufacturing process and disposal off these peices of crap, plus the Xtra cleanser inhibitor powerflushing condensate pumping Magnacleaning nuetralising van diesel running rounding repairing ectering, is having a far bigger impact environmentally than the lack of efficiency of the old appliances, the ONLY plus is it keeps us all in jobs, so yea my original answer is ignorantly they are all ****te.

Go for one with the biggest warranty, Baxi (recently) have been pretty good honoring their warranties on Platinums, how long that lasts is wel.........................

we have gone from boilers that lasted 35 to 40 years and more which required no more than a T/couple ,gas valve and a T/stat, to piles of s***te full of so called "technology" lasting 3 years or less,

:eek:

Not only that, but with space-age technology and materials, these new, "advanced" boilers, apart from water/oxygen related issues, they should perhaps last 100 years?[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back