Afghanistan -is leaving the right thing?

Sponsored Links
Maybe you should get a dictionary, EFL, and/or a thesaurus. Im sure you could get Amazon to send you an English language one.

If you cannot defend your own home , don't expect others to come and defend it for you.
Spineless Afghan govt and army.

It's like Mongols vs China.

Sponsored Links
If you cannot defend your own home , don't expect others to come and defend it for you.
Spineless Afghan govt and army.

It's like Mongols vs China.
It seems the so-called Afghan army has just been biding their time waiting for the day. It's the women and kids I feel sorry for. There will be many girls in their 20s and early 30s that have known a decent life, being educated, earning their own money, making their own decisions. I've read a few reports today of people saying we need to get back over their quick. Of course they are living in cloud cuckoo land. It took ten years to get them out first time - and that was when they were three-up on a couple of 50cc mopeds with a handful of Kalashnikovs.

What a dogs breakfast this is

jeez us wept

bloke on the radio from the UK who ran a UK funded organistion that employed up to 500 Afghans

to run education standards
Come up with tax systems
Train civil servants
Etc all in the public eye

All of who could be taliban targets as agents working for a foreign power

none appear to be eligible for assistance in leaving

many are in fear of there lives

to run education standards
Come up with tax systems
Train civil servants
Etc all in the public eye

All of who could be taliban targets as agents working for a foreign power

All of who could be taliban targets but all of who could be taliban too!

The problem with the taliban is one of identification. Adam Curtis, in his "Bitter Lake" documentary, showed that when confronted by allied soldiers, taliban members deny being taliban members. If we send soldiers back the same will happen.

The mistake the West made in training and arming over 300,000 Afgamy males is that is just that. They are males.

These men are giving up in droves.

If the army were all female, who are the ones who have the most to loose, they would not have surrendered.

Edit.

They would probably have fought to the last famale soldier.

Last edited:
Operation Enduring Freedom?

What a complete and utter mess.

When is the west going to learn, many of the people in these countries (including those in powerful positions whether legal or otherwise) hold COMPLETELY different views to us on what freedom is. For peace to have been maintained, there would need to be a much more long term (or even permanent) presence of US/UK troops. Yes we can debate about how quickly the local 'army' folded, however my view is if our troops remained there for another 5-10 years and then withdrew (even in a mannered way) the same thing would have happened. That place needed a 40+ year presence. And even then ...

As others here have touched on, it's mainly the women and children I feel for. Of course, their spokespeople are getting better by the day at saying all the right things to the worlds media, personally I wouldn't believe a word of it. When asked if girls will still be able to attend school, the Taliban rep said along the lines of 'Oh of course, any girl wanting to attend school can. We've learnt from our mistakes in the past, we know that education is very important. So girls will be able to attend school up until the age of 12 ...'

Boom, there you have it. And for all the nicey nicey rhetoric, if reports are to be believed, the killing of boys and men with connections to the government or army has begun. And we know what happens to girls and women.

We're different. Yes you can argue that's all the more reason to try and assist them on the road to peace. My assertion is these countries don't want true peace. The mass population yes. Those in power, no.

According to this Tory boy Britain should accept millions of Afghan refugees.
You need fear not vinty, brave ReganAndCarter said himself that he'd shoot any women and children that are struggling ashore.

Forget about investing in Premium bonds.
Investing in rubber dinghy manufacturers might be a better idea.
According to this Tory boy Britain should accept millions of Afghan refugees.

Regardless of anyone's views on that, one thing that can't be denied is it would be an idea way in for those that harbor less than positive thoughts about the west. No doubt we'll get lots of confident rhetoric from our chocolate fireguard politicians about checks and safeguards ...

Let's face it, the whole world's become a bit of a cluster-f**k ...

I've never served in the military & know little about their way of doing things.

But I do know that high up on the list of any retreating army is "DESTROY YOUR WEAPONS" & leave nothing behind that your enemy can use against you.

Attack helicopters indeed? Somethings just don't blow right in the minds of soshal meedya soldiers.

The attack helicopter is a very complex bit of kit so will not remain serviceable for long without full support. More worrying is the number of humvee type armoured vehicles and weapons handed over.

Dare say slot of the weapons given to the afghan army were sold on any way

corruption is a way of life out there

Tis all very well taking a country over
Now the fruit cakes have to run it

they will need pencil pushers and paper shufflers

engineers
Medical people
Teachers
People to maintain the leccy
Sewage
Water

and most of the taliban u see on the telly look none to bright imo
Probably all related to one another

Is your hearing defective?

Or the part of your brain which processes the words your ears pick up?

Or have you got an alternative soundtrack to that video, because in the one I heard Rory Stewart DID NOT SAY that "Britain should accept millions of Afghan refugees"...
I would expect Britain to lead an international effort… to work out how we can provide safe passage and asylum for Afghans who want to leave. But be in no doubt: we are talking about many many millions of people. And this is an entirely horrifying and unnecessary tragedy, but it’s a tragedy that we bear the responsibility for for the reckless actions of the last few weeks.

- RORY STEWART

Sponsored Links
Back