Age of adulthood??? nobody knows!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it, a child is deemed an adult at 18, yet CHILD support payments continue until they are twenty.???

Nobody knows.

F*ckin' mystery.

Sponsored Links
How long to our kids continue to be our children? My guess is until one of us dies.

Sponsored Links
How long to our kids continue to be our children? My guess is until one of us dies.

Yes you're right, but that's nothing to do with it. Some of these over eighteens have kids of their own and are still being paid CHILD support.
Tell me why that is.

Because someone could not keep their knob in their pants and the law says they have to pay until their child is a certain age.
This is no secret. This information is available to all. As is contraception or the fathers right to keep his knob in his pants.
Choices eh.

Because someone could not keep their knob in their pants and the law says they have to pay until their child is a certain age.
This is no secret. This information is available to all. As is contraception or the fathers right to keep his knob in his pants.
Choices eh.

Hey, I'm well aware of the ins and outs of how babies are created. Try answering the question. If you don't know, that's OK.
Saying the 'law says' is no help to solving this mystery.

I thought it was only until 20 if they were still in full-time education? If not, it stops sooner. That's how it used to be anyway. I don't think that's a bad thing, better to get some help and a bit more of the ol' qualifications than having to work at 16 in a low paid, **** job and perhaps getting left behind.

I thought it was only until 20 if they were still in full-time education? If not, it stops sooner. That's how it used to be anyway. I don't think that's a bad thing, better to get some help and a bit more of the ol' qualifications than having to work at 16 in a low paid, **** job and perhaps getting left behind.

Yeah but surely this makes a mockery of the whole age of adulthood thing. Are they CHILD payments after 18 ??????

I don't get it.

Yeah but surely this makes a mockery of the whole age of adulthood thing. Are they CHILD payments after 18 ??????

I don't get it.
Thats because you are thick. It is nothing to with them reaching adulthood or our perceived age of when someone becomes an adult. It is to do with the fact that they are our children. You are their father therefore he/she is your child.

I don't get it.
Guess saves a ton of paperwork by the CSA from having to call it 'young adults' for just 2 years. And really, not much of a problem is it? Really? :)

Yes you're right, but that's nothing to do with it. Some of these over eighteens have kids of their own and are still being paid CHILD support.
Tell me why that is.
How come unless in full-time education? In that case, why not? I'd want them to get an education with a sprog of their own to then support and surely any parent wants the best for their kid?

It's just semantics, does it really matter what it's called?
The principle is the same, the role of the parent is to support it's child and every child on this planet deserves that - as well as education.
Sure, the relationship between the parents may have broken down, but this is not the child's fault. Why should it give up his or her dreams of going onto further education, just because in the eyes of the law, at age 18 they are an adult? It's tough to pay lots of money, of course it is, but at the end of the day the kid didn't ask to be born and the parents have an obligation to look after them.
And not begrudge it so much, they will chose your nursing home!

Sponsored Links
Back