Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I first started to notice my age when I was 21 – only because I couldn’t go out drinking every night and staying up late like when I was 18. Then at the age of 31 I started to notice my spelling wasn’t as good as it used to be.

When did you get some signs of age and what were they?

Sponsored Links
after having years of excellent sight it finally started to deteriorate at mid age and along came loads of other ailments

If your spelling is failing that indicates some kind of early onset of dementia.

Every year I spell better and batter.

Sponsored Links
I turned 60 a few weeks ago - shock horror - and since then I have had toothache (still have all my own), bloodshot eye (stress????, finally need specs?), aching toe (rheumatics?) and backache. I am starting to fall apart. I also find I am starting to turn the TV up more and not catching the end of sentences (going deaf?). Need to get out more, while there is still time and all my bits drop off.

:LOL: I think this topic's title needs changing to Geriatric's Corner :LOL:

When you see grainy old clips (fortunately in colour) of football matches on tv and realise you were at the game :eek:

Any one else noticed if you watch a program or film from the 50's/60's (before my time) it seems like yesterday and nothing has changed but watch something from the 70's/80's and it seems like countless millennia ago??

When did you get some signs of age and what were they?

Over the last 12/18 months...

Various illnesses, including one very rare disease...

A brush with death, caused by severe anaphalaxia: an allergic reaction to a chemical injected into me that literally killed me. They brought me back into the land of the living, obviously, for which I am very grateful.

It has given me a very different viewpoint on life.

Sponsored Links
Back