Alex Higgins.. your views..?

Some people have nothing better to talk about than this, you have become very sad to say the least.
He was a great player and genuine celebrity, admittedly he made mistakes but who doesn't?

Sponsored Links
Indeed he was, he brought life into a very dull sport, he was flamboyant and entertaining and had the skill to become world champion twice.
He personal live was flawed and created his dimmish and his death.
I don't agree with some of the actions he did away from the snooker hall, he has made big errors in his personal live, much like Best and Gazza.
But I would still pay to watch them play the sport they excelled at.
But I would not speak ill of the dead, unless it was the likes of Hindley, West, Shipman, Venables etc.....

The guy seemed to be a gifted lovable twit. I think the reality was, yes gifted but not really the lovable character the fairy story would demand, beneath the veneer - just a fatally flawed man, a bit of a let down I guess.

-0-

So.... Did he beat f*ck out of his wife and girlfriends on a regular basis or not...????????

Simple question.
Who :confused: Col. Jack - Hurricane and Georgie B. Rest in Peace together , enjoy the Craic guys.

Sponsored Links
So.... Did he beat f*ck out of his wife and girlfriends on a regular basis or not...????????

Simple question.
Who :confused: Col. Jack - Hurricane and Georgie B. Rest in Peace together , enjoy the Craic guys.
Those two wouldn't share the sn#t off the ends of their blue veined nostrils !! D'you think they really enjoyed the 'craic' but for tiny instants of time? Or were they forever knocking on the door of a life they had no business, and could never really be part of? Different lives, different standards of behaviour... the gutter was always close to their ars#s and knowing that f'ked their lives up, completely...
Celebrity playthings to be cast off like any fashion - on a whim !

Perpetually on the outside, looking in - It must hurt !! Like the hurt of a spoilt child - suddenly denied.

-0-

Good old higgy, even in death still causing controversy.
the people who are now sneering at him are not fit to lick his boots.
R.I.P. hurricane.

Can't understand why some posters are having a go at this tragic man.
apparantly he was lying dead in his flat for up to 4 days with just £100 to his name.
Can anyone outline exactly what his crimes were to deserve to be insulted in such a manner, any damage he did was to himself, by rights at this stage of his life he should have been enjoying retirement or commentating like steve Davis and the like.
It wasn't his fault he was addicted to the gambling and smoking which destroyed his life, he was a genuine star who didn't try to hid behind a phoney image.

Back