Aliases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moderator 10 said:
Alan M, Zimmers, Bobbo85, Frank uk , Shysarah etc, please stick to one username.

So this is what the Ignore button is for. :evil:

Though, if I was a mod and found that someone was using multiple aliases, I would delete all aliases except the first and warn the person of the consequences if he tried it on again.

Am I being too harsh :?:

Sponsored Links
No, youre quite soft, old kiddy, for a Hailsham dweller ;)

After all the nonsence he posted under the Zimmers name its not surprising that he wants to disassociate himself from that !

I dont like most of the "Rules" listed on this forum.

However, the one rule I would like to see which is not there is that people post under their real name. That would make contributors into responsible people and get rid of the most abusive and inadvised postings. You dont see any of that on the Gas-News site.

Tony Glazier

true as that may be, a bit hard to police. not to mention the fact that -john smith- or -raj patel- would still effectively be anonymus

Sponsored Links
errr.gasbenman..easy to police..........each computer has its own address.
I mean electronic address. :rolleyes:

So unless some sad fekker is going to buy more than one computer, or drive to his mates house to make a post.....for a fekkin diy forum....
...Is seriously sad.

now, ....wheres that third laptop.

unless you have a wireless modem with a high gain areal. i usually work from my laptop, but if i set use the desktop upstairs, i can see about another dozen networks, many are open.
It is a bit like cameras replacing police. I bet 80% of all pics taken by cameras are of a car that is either falsely registered or abroad. Friend of mine got done for doing 32 AND prosecuted, whilst armies of a kind of people that I do not need to indicate more precisely, blast through doing 60 and could not care less as the fine will never arrive.
It is sooooooo easy to use somebody else’s connection, no point to it

Moderator 10 said:
Alan M, Zimmers, Bobbo85, Frank uk , Shysarah etc, please stick to one username.

Though, if I was a mod and found that someone was using multiple aliases, I would delete all aliases except the first and warn the person of the consequences if he tried it on again.

Yes you are!

I like a few people on here have an alias or two but only use them to lighten up the forum now and again without causing offence.

The above mentioned forum MEMBER has a habit of winding people up, slagging people off and causing controversy. Well it aint my kind of funny some of the time.

I trust that the mods will take appropriate action as and when necessary as they did the other night when there was a post which went a bit OTT slagging off one of the regulars.

Historically speaking there was a certain traineegasman on here who tortured everyone. It took the mods ages to get rid of him. I wouldnt be surprised if this was the same person as he had a knack off winding everyone up and staying just at the edge of the tolerance boundaries of the mods.

I like a few people on here have an alias or two but only use them to lighten up the forum now and again without causing offence.

But I don't know what your other aliases are, so I have no way of knowing that the stupid/silly/irresponsible (take your pick ;) ) comment made by "Father Christmas" is actually "Saint Nick" trying to "lighten up the forum". We might be more willing to forgive and forget if we knew that, most of the time, the advice, comments or information given by the writer was sensible and to the point.

But, when "Father Christmas" is forever making snide, slagging-off comments which are way of topic, the Ignore button will be used by many.

Why, in any case, will posting under an "Saint Nick" not cause offence, while posting under "Father Christmas" will? It's the content which is offensive not the poster.

Surely it comes down to whether the poster is abusing the forum and the people on it?
If someone is a pillock, ok.
If he's just trying to be a pillock just to get a response, and doing it as though he's multiple people, such as "ShySarah", that's not ok.
imho.

Is the Mod not out of order though. As I have seen in topics involving other members there is nothing on the forum rules that state that you cannot have more than 1 username. If we ignore people posting abuse then they will stop.

This is a diy forum setup to help homeowners, unfortunately the OP has shown himself on many occasions to be a roque trader and I for one would prefer the mods to ban him. Since he attracted significant criticism under his original id he chose to post under several aliases.

Moderator 10 said:

Yes you are!

The above mentioned forum MEMBER has a habit of winding people up, slagging people off and causing controversy. Well it aint my kind of funny some of the time.

I trust that the mods will take appropriate action as and when necessary as they did the other night when there was a post which went a bit OTT slagging off one of the regulars.

Historically speaking there was a certain traineegasman on here who tortured everyone. It took the mods ages to get rid of him. I wouldnt be surprised if this was the same person as he had a knack off winding everyone up and staying just at the edge of the tolerance boundaries of the mods.

i personally dont see the point of having more than one name, if you upset someone genuinely, apologise and move on. people who do have more than one are a pretty sad breed. i take it slugbabydotcom is only one of many of yours.

far too much effort to have more than one, work all day then spend all night here making up lies and aliases. **** it too much hassle by far

Sponsored Links
Back