And this bloke is a joiner?

Sponsored Links
what a plonker, "all kids need somewhere safe to play" - how is 10foot in the air (or however high it is) safe? put the same structure on the ground and it's safer! love how he's shielded it off so people in the field can't see his precious kids but they can pear over the neighbours fence all day!

shame they called him a joiner a great dis'service to the industry, especially wood workers

Sponsored Links
A safe place for kids to play? That is an accident waiting to happen. On the planning matter it is raised decking and should be less than 300mm high. And if a "joiner" built it he should be sacked.

Those steps are really dangerous. I can't believe anyone would be so stupid to think this is a good idea. the council have done the right thing. At least the family will nice and warm in front of their log fire this Christmas.

You're all right about the construction of course. It's not very well built or that safe and I'd of thought he could have gotten a roof on it in the time it took.
It seems to me that he is being forced to take it down because of the lack of planning permission rather than it being a saftey issue, so does this mean if he had applied and got permission he could have just gone ahead and built it as he did anyway? Are there actually building regs and inspectors for tree houses?

what happened to the days of father knocking up a tree house out of old bits of this and that, rope nails boxes :)

I'm sure if any other professional body had been discredited so much ,there would have been litigation

On one of the photo's there's a broken edge sticking out above her head, she'd be pulling more than a put on sad face if that thing took her eye out on the way down the steps (if she didn't slip down them first). The council are doing her a favour!

Joiner???

article-2242295-165442DC000005DC-391_634x896.jpg

the treads of the stairs arent even routed into the stringers - they're just pieces of decking nailed between two 4 by 2's.

Sponsored Links
Back