Another one bites the dust

I tend to agree. Certainly, for some short-haul flights, the waiting, check-in, security, baggage collect and so on can amount to more time than the flight itself.

Sponsored Links
For long-haul journeys there is really no option to flying unless, of course, you possess the necessary time and money to go on a cruise.

For short-haul journeys, though, there are three main choices: flying, rail and road. Unfortunately, all three have their disadvantages. Roads are often congested (especially in this country) and fuel is expensive; rail is quick, but more expensive than it ought to be, especially if you need to travel in the rush hour; flying ought to be quicker than either of the others but, no doubt due to current terrorist threats, drug smuggling and illegal immigration attempts, security must be stringent and this adds considerably to total journey times.

I think that at least some of these disadvantages could possibly be overcome with the necessary political intervention.

And why has the learning a new language thread been locked?
IT was a perfectly sensible discussion on how hard it is to learn a new language, yes a pic was posted that had a rude word - simple remove that post not lock the whole thread.

Jeez mods - you got a stick up ya bum or something?

Sponsored Links
Like many people in authority (Rotherham council and police force spring to mind), I suspect they are afraid of the consequences of allowing criticism of the ROP.

Incidentally, I haven't see the 'offensive' picture, although I have a feeling it wasn't an image of Jebus!

The pic itself wasn't offensive, just it's tag line contained the F word.

Exactly, but then say anything slightly out of line here & the thread gets locked with no clear cut explanations.

Sponsored Links
Back