Anti-immigrant voters clarify what they mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I thimk control is the key word... That prat interviewing doesn't know his ars from his shoulder...

It big business that needs to be controlled and intern use immigration for its strengths rather than just to fill an whole

The benefits system is the root of all this evil ...

Who do you think is entitled to benefits, and for how long?

Sponsored Links
I thimk control is the key word... That prat interviewing doesn't know his ars from his shoulder...
Unlike the people he interviews, of course, who clearly know a huge amount.

Especially the last guy in that clip. I was seriously impressed with the clarity with which he was able to explain his position.

Which one the one for the poor or the rich, or both?
'Corporate welfare' is probably larger than the personal welfare/benefits system!

And that's before you add in the rich individual tax evasion/avoidance that is turned a blind eye to!

JohnD is wrong, those people are anti immigration, they are not anti immigrant.

The large numbers of Eastern Europeans that have come here has caused concern for people. Couple that with the lies fed by the government / media and you get the clip above.

You then take smug remainers who, instead of blaming the root cause, they prefer to call anybody that is concerned about immigration, racist.

Hence the title of this this thread: 'anti immigrant'.

JohnD is wrong, those people are anti immigration, they are not anti immigrant.

The large numbers of Eastern Europeans that have come here has caused concern for people. Couple that with the lies fed by the government / media and you get the clip above.

You then take smug remainers who, instead of blaming the root cause, they prefer to call anybody that is concerned about immigration, racist.

I agree in part. But what is the root cause?

those people are anti immigration, they are not anti immigrant.
Ah, that just about sums it up.

Most Europeans are not a different race, so it cannot be racist.
Could the truth be that the people who don't mind immigrants, but dislike immigration had in mind people who are a different race?

Would anti-immigration have made it better?

Most Europeans are not a different race, so it cannot be racist.
There you go again, with your not-so-hidden agenda of wanting anything and everything to do with "racism" to be turned into nonsense.

What sort of person would want to do that, I wonder?

Could the truth be that the people who don't mind immigrants, but dislike immigration had in mind people who are a different race?
Since we are all members of the human race, your position logically extends to that the word "racism" can never mean anything, in any circumstances whatsoever.

The large numbers of Eastern Europeans that have come here has caused concern for people.
Of that there can be no doubt.

Just as there can be no doubt that their concerns cannot be based on any objective analysis of negative implications of immigration.

Just as, therefore, there can be no doubt that their concerns are rooted in bigotry and prejudice.

What word would you rather was used to describe people who are concerned about other people coming here for no reason other than where they were born?

What word would you rather was used to describe people who are concerned about other people coming here for no reason other than where they were born?
That one rather stumps quitters...

My partner pointed out to several (quitter) people who mentioned immigration that it would also apply to her...

Almost without exception the reply was 'but of course we don't mean you'...

I wonder if the colour of her skin had anything to do with that? ;)

Unlike the people he interviews, of course, who clearly know a huge amount.

Especially the last guy in that clip. I was seriously impressed with the clarity with which he was able to explain his position.

Neither knew what they were talking about.
The question should have been do we need quality brick layers., regardless of where they come from.

Yes we do is the answer. As long as they are good skilled tradesmen / women or other..

Do we need good qualified caring care workers, regardless of their nationalty.

Yes is the answer. Not someone just doing it because that's the only job going...

I could go on. Both industries are full of underskilled people regardless of their country of origin..

In you world as of many remainers stick what ever you can to fill a round hole.

Neither knew what they were talking about.
Careful - you are on thin ice there, as attitudes to immigration informed, at least partially, many voters' decision to vote Leave, so you are in danger of suggesting that people voted on the basis of not knowing about the things they claimed to know about.

The question should have been do we need quality brick layers., regardless of where they come from.

Yes we do is the answer. As long as they are good skilled tradesmen / women or other..
So why should that principle not apply to any type of work?

Both industries are full of underskilled people regardless of their country of origin..
Many industries (and "professions") are.

Can you show that that is because of our membership of the EU, and how, therefore, leaving it will fix the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back