Anti-immigrant voters clarify what they mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
How do you know which expert,with opposing views,to believe??

I can help you with that.

For example, on Global Climate Change.

ClimateChange.png

I agree in part. But what is the root cause?

I guess its been building over many years.

Probably starting with the Blair government not restricting the rush of people from the A8 countries that joined the EU by the use of transitional restrictions. That happened not that long after the Maastricht treaty.

Governments, Blair onwards actively wanted significant numbers of young foreign workers to boost the economy, but increasingly immigration has been used as a scapegoat by politicians and I guess the media, culminating in with Brexit.

Its been building for years and accelerated by the Tories and Ukip.

Now we have a situation, like in the video when decent folk are asked, their uninformed opinion is that immigration should be controlled.

One thing I dont understand is this idea of restricting immigration to only skilled workers. From what I see this country has a shortage of unskilled as well: in hotels, coffee shops, waitressing, care, NHS auxillary staff etc etc.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I guess its been building over many years.

Probably starting with the Blair government not restricting the rush of people from the A8 countries that joined the EU by the use of transitional restrictions. That happened not that long after the Maastricht treaty.

Governments, Blair onwards actively wanted significant numbers of young foreign workers to boost the economy, but increasingly immigration has been used as a scapegoat by politicians and I guess the media, culminating in with Brexit.

Its been building for years and accelerated by the Tories and Ukip.

Now we have a situation, like in the video when decent folk are asked, their uninformed opinion is that immigration should be controlled.

One thing I dont understand is this idea of restricting immigration to only skilled workers. From what I see this country has a shortage of those as well: in hotels, coffee shops, waitressing, care, NHS auxillary staff etc etc.
And your informed opinion is that immigration should be uncontrolled?

No, I think immigration is a real concern, it shouldnt be uncontrolled, but we should all recognise the fact government and media have used immigration as a scapegoat. We do need a lot of foreign workers.

The government could start by controlling illegal immigrants, largely overstayers.

It does bug me that there is this contant narrative from remainers that people who are concerned about immigration and believe there should be controls are automatically branded anti immigrant...........the title of this thread for example

People with a high enough reading age and a usefully long attention span.
Dropped off again

MOD: I feel it is only fair to say ban-all-sheds is barred from further replies on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every system needs rules, uncontrolled immigration included.
Having no rules around immigration is like having no rules around traffic control.
Why not turn the traffic lights off and abolish speed limits on the grounds that it will all sort itself out.
If people are allowed to drive at twice the speed limit then they would get to were they are going in half the time which means the number of cars on the roads would be cut in half.
This is the logic of uncontrolled immigration.

Every system needs rules, uncontrolled immigration included.
Having no rules around immigration is like having no rules around traffic control.
Why not turn the traffic lights off and abolish speed limits on the grounds that it will all sort itself out.
If people are allowed to drive at twice the speed limit then they would get to were they are going in half the time which means the number of cars on the roads would be cut in half.
This is the logic of uncontrolled immigration.

Currently EU immigration can be controlled but our successive Governments have chosen not to.

The Hostile Environment implemented by the foolish TM are a cost place on us that should have been handled by the Government.

Try to get anything of substance and you have to show ID which the company or organisation then makes a copy. ID fraud is so easy in this country because your ID is in the hands of everyone these days.

Nobody knows how many visa overstayers there are. Possibly between 400,000 and 800,000
400,000 of them are in London.
How do you know that, then.

But they deport the Windrush people instead........
Jamaica is not mentioned in the figures.

Surely you are not just stirring it for the sake of it?

I could pop into any rental agent and it wouldn't take me long to see how they stored your passport and ID details making it easy for me to get copies and then wouldn't be too hard to take out a loan or do something else nefarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back