Antsy attitudes

Sponsored Links
I'm saddened that this thread has descended in to the exact type of thread that this posting was trying to address.

BAS you have no need to defend yourself.

Would you all please accept that everyone has a place here, and that the attempts to cause fiction are a bit beyond witty banter and should desist.
Personal stuff is not right, and if you feel strongly can you not take the sensible angle and PM each other ?

Honestly, some of you don't seem to have moved on from the pack hound play ground mentality of your primary school years. You are all valued from where I'm sitting and I would repeat that I feel you are all doing a disservice to your online personas by continuing to squabble.

Banal, Banal, Banal;
You complain about me engaging in character assassinations - how would you categorise what you wrote there?

You are the very epitome of a disruptive troublemaker, you post on here not to help people with DIY questions, but to make your self seem superior through your repetitive and ever more pathetic character assassinations.
Would you please provide examples of my repetitive character assassinations? I assume that accusation is a rational one?

This forum would be far more useful, not to mention friendly, if it weren't for your incessant attack posts.
Would you please provide examples of my incessant attack posts? I assume that accusation is a rational one?

many of your recent attacks have been on a personal level
I don't know what you term "recent", but would you please produce these many personal attacks? I assume that accusation is a rational one?

200428064-001.jpg

having a thread like this over 4 pages highlights the issue this particular forum has compared to other forums on this server

Sponsored Links
BAS you have no need to defend yourself.
I'm afraid I do, when it is quite clear that a number of posters are making a habit of criticising me, including using words like "liar" and "dishonest", but are never able to explain why, when they complain about me saying something idiotic when it's exactly what they themselves wrote, when they see me saying the same as another person but choose only to criticise me, when they start brand new topics with the sole aim of having a pop at me, and all the time say that the disruption is all my fault, and I am the one who should be banned.

Would you all please accept that everyone has a place here, and that the attempts to cause fiction are a bit beyond witty banter and should desist.
There are people here to whom I've taken a dislike, and who I would rather were not here.

But not once have I ever engaged in irrational criticism of something they have written because of that - I deal with each post on its merits.

Not once have I ever started a topic to criticise anyone.

My G8 analogy was apposite - the people at fault are those who engage in disruptive behaviour and then say that they would stop all that if I wasn't here and therefore the answer to their disruption is to ban me.

Advice is like sugar you either take or leave it, but some folk like to stir it anyway
Mac

LOL@Chri5

Have you got a bet on with someone about who can start the longest thread in the forums history?

As a member of this forum for a couple of years with some 2000+ posts, you know well the characteristics of certain posters here.
I think you knew you had a winner with this one :)

Some people will simply not give up, no matter what is said to them, their bubble will never, ever, ever burst. Right and wrong and a sense of proportionality go out of the window when certain posters get upset. You then see the same MO time and time again, they will cut their nose off to spite their face, but will never acknowledge it publicly and will continue to remain defensive indefinately. I actually feel sad for people like that and wonder how bad their life is to cause them to be that way.

I wonder what makes some people tick, when they see that their words are falling on stony ground yet again, why they can't just shrug their shoulders and move one in search of a happier, more fullfilling lifestyle?

gouranga

i think we're still good for a few more pages of cut/paste

I've only read the last page of this topic as I don't think I have the strength to read the whole thing, but thought it might be nice to add my two penneth.

I always try to abide by the mantra that if I wouldn't say something to someone face to face, it probably shouldn't be posted for all to see in a public forum.

More and more it seems that certain members are at each others necks. I can understand why, in the face of hounding and criticism, one would want to defend themselves against such attacks. However, what I don't understand is why, once it becomes clear that this is a consistent pattern and nothing more than a personal vendetta, why some of us find it so hard to shrug our shoulders and just ignore it.

Of course, I don't expect everyone to share a common viewpoint, we're never all going to agree, and this place wouldn't be much of a forum for discussion if we did. I don't think that means that we shouldn't all be open to the opinions of others, even if we don't necessarily agree with them ourselves. There's certainly no need to take it to the level of pedantic bickering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back