Any idea how to use id mobile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Second - born needs a new phone.

Found the phone and package he wants on id mobile.

Clearly , I'll be paying the bill.

My confusion : to buy the package, I have to have an id mobile account.
I don't have one, so can't log in.
To register for one, I am directed to input my id mobile number (which I clearly don't have, as I haven't even registered yet).

What have I done wrong, or misunderstood?

Finally, once it all works, presumably second - born will have to have access to the account, rather than me?

From their website :

Register Account
  1. Go to the iD Account area.
  2. Click on the 'Register' button and enter the following details:
  3. Click on 'Submit'
  4. A security code will then be sent to your iD mobile in the form of a text messsage. ...
  5. You can then choose a username and password - make sure you keep these safe and don't share them with anyone.

How on earth can a security code be sent to "my id mobile", when I haven't even registered yet?

Sponsored Links
Hello all,

Second - born needs a new phone.

Found the phone and package he wants on id mobile.

Clearly , I'll be paying the bill.

My confusion : to buy the package, I have to have an id mobile account.
I don't have one, so can't log in.
To register for one, I am directed to input my id mobile number (which I clearly don't have, as I haven't even registered yet).

What have I done wrong, or misunderstood?

Finally, once it all works, presumably second - born will have to have access to the account, rather than me?

From their website :

Register Account
  1. Go to the iD Account area.
  2. Click on the 'Register' button and enter the following details:
  3. Click on 'Submit'
  4. A security code will then be sent to your iD mobile in the form of a text messsage. ...
  5. You can then choose a username and password - make sure you keep these safe and don't share them with anyone.

How on earth can a security code be sent to "my id mobile", when I haven't even registered yet?
You find a Sim deal you like, add it to your basket and check out. It should be that simple, have you gone down a strange rabbit hole?

You find a Sim deal you like, add it to your basket and check out. It should be that simple, have you gone down a strange rabbit hole?

If Brig is like me with mobile technology then he has probably disappeared up his own! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Ring CPW 0800 925 925 and deal with them over the phone.

But make sure first that you cannot get a cheaper deal by buying the phone and SIM separately.

What is it about the id package that is attractive?

Also, a word of warning from someone who fell into a trap regarding excess call charges.

Make sure you can cap the monthly spend so that you don't get stung for massive excess charges.

Take Samsung's A20e for example.

ID have it for 11.99 month for 24 months.

You can buy an A20e from Amazon (UK model) for a ton fifty.

Leaving just under 6 quid per month (for 24months) for the SIM deal.

For 6 quid you can have 2GB data and unlimited calls and texts. The id deal is 500MB and 250 mins.

A better deal buying separately.

Plus, the phone is yours from day 1, you have the option to swap to another provider whenever you wish (subject to the 1 month SIM contract) and the phone you buy from Amazon will be unlocked to any network. Contract phones are normally locked to a network and a charge is payable to unlock it.

Another example is the A41. 17.99 at id for 24 months.

220 on Amazon, leaving 8.82 per month which would get you far more than the 500MB package offered by iD.

What is it about the id package that is attractive?

He picked it, and it is not expensive in my eyes.

Apple xr, with 20gb :)eek:) of data and unlimited calls and texts. £28 pm, with a tenner up front.

His old phone is knackered out, so definitely needs replacing (it was a hand - me - down anyway, so only fair he gets a new one).

And??

Take advice from someone who has been there, done that and found out the hard way what not to do.

Namely, don't buy a contract deal as they are often more expensive, sometimes significantly so, and do cap your spend so you don't end up with unexpected call and data charges in excess of your monthly fee.

Sponsored Links
Back