IP Addresses thread - strangely turns to a God thread!

Yet you can't be bothered to even pray for those in need.

I will offer my prayers for anyone who is in need, they just have to be presence with me, I will do the rest, and offer my prayers for them.

I can't offer my prayers for people in remote locations! I am not that gifted! ;)

Rubbish. Prayers can be said for people/things/actions anywhere. Why do you have to be present?

I have attended schools of various creeds and denominations, and all offered prayers for those thousands of miles away. Hell, even the Muslim school i was at for a year or two didn't have issues with time zones.

Again you fail by assumption and ignorance.

Sponsored Links
Aah ! you see ! now you know why those prayers don't work, because they are not conducted through one's pure heart and devotion on a one to one bases.

Have you not seen people being healed by the power of Lord when clergymen put their mind and power to heal people by putting their hands over their head!

I am not a clergyman, but I also put my hands over my cat's head and then I prayed, it is more directed that way.

I think you are trying to catch me , but you would fail.
hey just uttering a few words without meaning to or not through your heart is not going to do anything.

Just by turning on a Radio does not mean you might hear anything, the radio has to be tuned to receive a station, prayers work a bit like that, you need to focus your mind onto the Almighty, imagining him, and speaking to him, whilst holding your hands over the subject.

Plus one needs to tune his mind to the plight of a sufferer :)

And like a radio receiver, the signals you transmit not only need to be of the correct wavelength (freq) and the method used for modulation, you need to know how God would demodulate your prayers, so you would need to offer them with proper modulation method, like on a radio, an FM signal won't get demodulated by an AM demodulator, and then it is the limits of the modulation frequency that matters as well, so when prayers are offered to God, you need the right frame of mind, focus your mind on to him, lock it on to him, then speak your mind, silently is fine, you need not speak at all with your mouth, you need to know how to address lord , and how to start requesting your want,

it really is more difficult to explain, praying is not just closing your eyes and uttering words, one can pray with eyes open as well!

Oh well i will leave it at that for now, and await your ridiculous comments! :rolleyes:

When a person is in distress, his prayers are heard more easily, as that distress is an important part of it, it helps you to lock onto Lord,s receiver, and to focus your mind, and showing your plight, so if for example you hear on the news the plight of thousands of people stuck in some shelter after an earth quake destroyed their homes, offering your prayers for those people would not work because you yourself is not suffering or know of their true plight., unless you were present there.

So if I pray to Lord to help me win lotto, this is not going to happen, because i am not in any distress, I can't ask for an xbox, sorry, but prayers only work for those in deep distress. :oops: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Oh I don't broadcast how many different charities I help as well, it includes children's charities. You guys have no right to judge me.

We may disagree about your god, Mike, but despite all the criticisms others have made about your feelings for your cat, I can empathise with you.

My wife and I have no children, and in some ways I'm thankful for that, but our cat is well loved and some may say is a 'child substitute'. When our first cat died, had to be put down actually, I must confess that I cried (yes, I'm a wimp!), and I'll probably do the same when our present cat dies.

Perhaps I'm a 'saddo'. :oops:

I have attended schools of various creeds and denominations, and all offered prayers for those thousands of miles away. Hell, even the Muslim school i was at for a year or two didn't have issues with time zones.

My apologies if I am being nosey, but how did you find yourself in a muslim school? My understanding is that they don't admit non-muslims (unlike the CofE school where I taught).

Ahh I see the truth is coming out now. You actually went to another vet's for a second opinion. The vet saw an opportunity to relieve you of your hard earned cash. Your religious beliefs were played to the full. MFL. If the cat had died, the vet would have comforted you with the words "Ahh well, it must have been God's will". As it is the cat survived, so "Ahh it's a miracle, praise the Lord, and that will be £450 please.
If there is a God, then he'd have cured the cat for only your prayers (no money involved)
There;s none so gullible, as the gullible ehh. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The second visit seen by a different Vet but at the same veterinary cost me £5.00 consultation fee and 28p for 28 steroid tablets!

and two vets discussed among themselves what might be the best course of action, I took my cat back there to have her Thyroxine levels checked, it is called a T4 test, but they both ruled it out on her age, and instead they agreed to try steroids that may kick start her kidneys!
Mike, I hardly know where to start. You gave the impression that you prayed for your cat and your cat miraculously got better. You sincerely believed that your god answered your prayers and saved the cat. You then casually drop into the conversation that in fact it was a course of steroids, suggested by a second vet, that made your cat better. It's hard to think that you do this deliberately since it is so blatant but the only other explanation is that you have become so programmed to bypass the truth you just don't realise it.

Start your own vetinary surgery mike, you'll make millions and no costs for medicine, i drop you a fiver, you say the magic words, and my cat does a back flip as it's now better. :mrgreen:

Ahh I see the truth is coming out now. You actually went to another vet's for a second opinion. The vet saw an opportunity to relieve you of your hard earned cash. Your religious beliefs were played to the full. MFL. If the cat had died, the vet would have comforted you with the words "Ahh well, it must have been God's will". As it is the cat survived, so "Ahh it's a miracle, praise the Lord, and that will be £450 please.
If there is a God, then he'd have cured the cat for only your prayers (no money involved)
There;s none so gullible, as the gullible ehh. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The second visit seen by a different Vet but at the same veterinary cost me £5.00 consultation fee and 28p for 28 steroid tablets!

and two vets discussed among themselves what might be the best course of action, I took my cat back there to have her Thyroxine levels checked, it is called a T4 test, but they both ruled it out on her age, and instead they agreed to try steroids that may kick start her kidneys!
Mike, I hardly know where to start. You gave the impression that you prayed for your cat and your cat miraculously got better. You sincerely believed that your god answered your prayers and saved the cat. You then casually drop into the conversation that in fact it was a course of steroids, suggested by a second vet, that made your cat better. It's hard to think that you do this deliberately since it is so blatant but the only other explanation is that you have become so programmed to bypass the truth you just don't realise it.

Let me explain why i think my prayers saved her.

The first vet said nothing more could be done for her, gave me a last option to put her to sleep. And the vet was talking about cremation or burial charges!

I was devastated! I really loved this particular cat, she was one time cutest and fittest of the 10 I have.

I said to my vet that I would like to take her back and force feed her and see how she get on, if she starts to suffer any distress, i will bring her back to be put to sleep.

I took her home, held her so tight against my chest and force fed her, made her sleep on my bed close to me, for 5 nights, and force fed her honey syrup a tea spoon at a time, with some milk, and force fed Ocean fish cat food that I would force down her throat, and luckily she managed to swallow it down.

This speeded up her recovery, I kept monitoring her Blood sugar levels every 2 to 3 hours, they were hoovering around border line, often getting into danger zone below 4mmol.

I took her back on Monday, and by friday she was showing signs of recovery, I had been scanning the internet and searching all possible causes my cat might be suffering from.

I narrowed it down to Thyroxine, so I rang my Veterinary and asked to speak to her Vet who was incharge of her welfare, asked her if she checked her thyroxine level, as I searched on internet and her typical symptoms indicated thyroxine problem

The vet said no it can't be and she did not check her thyroxine as it rarely goes wrong in younger cats , she is only 2 1/2 yr old, and usually cats over 8 can suffer from this.

But nevertheless I insisted if she wouldn't mind if she could check her thyroxine levels, she agreed and said I could bring her in.

When I went in, the vet was busy dealing with another emergency, so a different lady vet came and started to discuss her history and what treatments she has already had, she said her kidney results indicated that they were neither too bad nor too good, so may be if we give her some steroids , it may kick start her kidneys.

The point is, I did not stop thinking ever since I brought the cat at home, and looked and looked and searched internet for an answer, and prayed for mercy for her life, and I am sure something told me don't give up, and my perseverance paid!

Of course steroids saved her life, but something gave me the strength to be insistent, and seek further advice and help, I even phoned another vet altogether, but he was not prepared to give my cat a T4 blood test without being able to check the rest of her medical history, or he would need to start from scratch and this could push the cost sky high, most vets in my opinion are in the game of making money, plight of sick animals is least of their interest.

That is the reason I take my cat to Celia Hammond Animal Trust who provides low cost medical treatment for all my 10 cats. Celia Hammond runs two such Animal shelters rescuing stray cats and dogs, and neuters them to stop overpopulation, she used to be a top model in the 60s, and gave up her carrier to look after sick animals, she is a true living legend!
She cares for animals, she does not profit from the owners of sick animals like private vets do! she is a true animal lover!

When I die, in my will I shall leave a substantial sum for Celia Hammond animal trust. thats for sure!

So far my total medical bill for this cat came to a mere £120.00 despite staying over for 4 nights and on drips, antibiotics, vitamins, and 4 nights accommodation, and second visit cost me a mere £16.00 and last Friday a 3rd visit cost me a mere £5.00 plus 28 steroid tablets for penny each!

I shall be taking her back tomorrow for a final check, possibly have another blood profile taken to see how well the kidneys are functioning.

So my friend (if I can call you a friend) I did not lose hope, I did everything I could for her, including prayers, and prayers don't cost money, if they work they work, if they don't then does it matter, cat would have died any way, something directed me to seek further help!

If I brought the cat at home and did nothing, she would not have lived this long. that is for sure.

My apologies if I am being nosey, but how did you find yourself in a muslim school? My understanding is that they don't admit non-muslims (unlike the CofE school where I taught).

I lived in Saudia Arabia, my parents worked for one of princes out there. I went to a local school. Apparently my Arabic was very good. Can't remember any of it now though :(.

Mike if you have no children, you can not possibly understand the bond. I am not going to take the pish out of you crying over the death of a pet; But to compare the emotional bond between your own flesh and a cat? Perhaps I spent too much time on farms when i was younger?

you see ! now you know why those prayers don't work, because they are not conducted through one's pure heart and devotion on a one to one bases.

Twaddle. I made no reference to prayers I may or may not have said in the past, but I can assure you the establishments I attended took it all very seriously.

Why do churches offer prayers to all and sundry if it meant nothing to them or their God?

Once again, as a religionist, you pick and choose,m chop and change to suit your insecurities.

When a person is in distress, his prayers are heard more easily, as that distress is an important part of it, it helps you to lock onto Lord,s receiver, and to focus your mind

And a devout parent wailing and gnashing on their child's death bed is less distressing to a sympathetic being than you crying over your poorly cat?

Pathetic.

Oh I don't broadcast how many different charities I help as well, it includes children's charities. You guys have no right to judge me.

We may disagree about your god, Mike, but despite all the criticisms others have made about your feelings for your cat, I can empathise with you.

My wife and I have no children, and in some ways I'm thankful for that, but our cat is well loved and some may say is a 'child substitute'. When our first cat died, had to be put down actually, I must confess that I cried (yes, I'm a wimp!), and I'll probably do the same when our present cat dies.

Perhaps I'm a 'saddo'. :oops:

I am in the same boat as you mate, mine has some room for God as well! :LOL:

If I had my own children, then may be I might react differently!

But I have always had cats since about 25, and I was never that emotional with them in those days, i had 4 cats who survived 14 years each and never once did I take any of them to vet or had them vaccinated, because I didn't even know!

They died one by one over a span of 1 year, one died of cancer which had to be put to sleep, and another died of natural cause, found her dead in my garden, one other was never seen, a fox or a dog may have eaten it! and the 4th one died again in my arms, but I never grieved for any of those cats, then I had a long gap before I adopted a cat that started to come to my garden, a little kitten so cute someone had abandoned him, he still wore a collar, but no ID chip or anything.

This cat cost me so much in treatments as it turned out he was FIV, but nevertheless, I kept him alive for 8 years and he died on me when I was on holidays, I was absolutely gutted, because i could not be with him when he passed away!

So being so devastated, I bought a cat and went and got her out of my way, i went all the way to Litchfield to fetch her and paid £100 for her, she produced all those 9 babies, each time she laid 7 kittens, the first time only 3 survived, then the second time 6 survived!.

Further more I have also rescued another cat now for 2 years so i have actually 11 cats, the 11th one stays in a friend's house but I pay him for her food as he could not afford but is doing me a favour by looking after her, she could not get on with my cats!

dan, cats are my kids and my life, nothing can come between us! absolutely Nothing, I will lay my life for them!

call me pathetic, thats me!

Now guys, do you know how far behind i am on my work, I took days on end and stopped all my work, my clients are all screaming for jobs, but of course my cat family comes before my work, now I must get back to work, I need money to feed my 11 moggies! :LOL:

this thread took so much of my time, was it my asking, Nope SOMBRERO Basted! :LOL:

I am just wondering if the Mods are suffering from Hypoglycemia, I will offer my prayers for them now! :LOL:

Your feelings for your cats is not pathetic.

Your assumption that the bond between a parent and child is the same is; and the fact that you think your prayers for your poorly cat are more effective than those of an anguished parent at the side of their dying child.

As I said, as a parent, and former cat owner, I find that attitude abhorrent.

Sponsored Links
Back