Anybod recognize this Black and Decker Professional drill?

I have to agree with Slater on this, 110v is preferred on sites, but isn't a necessity. I have worked on one site where 240v tools were allowed in almost finished houses. As long as they were used in conjunction with a plug in protective device.
Seems a bit stupid to only use 110v tools in a house which is using 240v for all lighting. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I was quoting from the BS7671 : 2008 17th Edition [b/]
Published by the IEE which is upto date until july when the amendments are released! untill that point i follow the 17th edition :2008.

i was also quoting from the Code Of Practice for In Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment,
Published by the IEE 3rd Edition: 2009

and the Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 Published by the HSE 3rd Edition 2010

i never stated that 240v was not allowed on site, and i never stated that your drill was in fact a shock hazard, i simply asked as to wether you had your drill on a pat tester and wether you had performed and earth leakage test. which obviously you havent so end of conversation!

You seem agitated streetlighter

No I certainly haven't performed an unnecessary, and not required test on my drill.

even if a drill is DBL INS it still has to placed under an earth leakage test!
In light of this incorrect statement, and since you didn't previously give an accurate description of your sources, I decided to ask.

Sponsored Links
not agitated at all i just feel that i am wasting my time commenting on this thread any more
so in light of that

cya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back