Anybod recognize this Black and Decker Professional drill?

Hi,

noseall
Bosch huh? Well, as for it lasting twice as long as my "antique", well I didn't know the b and d would last for over 20 years, so your making a VERY bold statement that the Bosh will last over 40 years. I've seen plenty of reviews, that Bosch are no longer as good as their name, and plenty of purchasers who talk of stripped gears. But you may be right for all I know, and I wont disagree with you that SDS is VERY good for its hammer function.

However, ---- I don't want an SDS, I want a compact. I want a drill with the same spec as my "antique". I want to repair this one, is that ok with you? Or do you have shares in Bosch or are you a salesman for them?

seaangler
Thanks, yes you might well be right. I looked again at the P2271. It lists 2 types. numbers 3 and 4.

Even though neither have the hammer or gear selector, in the SAME location, otherwise I agree with you, the rest does look very much the same.

The problem is though, that I dont know enough about the electrical specs for either the P2271, or my own (i dont have my model number), to be certain that the field winding is the same.

That's why I was hoping to at least find the same external physical layout for the drill as a guide that the internals would be the same too.

But I am going to assume that you are right and search for the field windings for the P2271 as you suggest, and see if I can come up with a part number. maybe I can match that to a part number on my own drill. I'll strip it today sometime and take a look.

And it would be very surprising if the same winding wasn't used in a variety of models, so hopefully it will be available somewhere.

Update

This is a link to a drill brand called Elu. B and d took em over according to a b and d techicnician.

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Spare-Parts/E...2705038-12705121-12705302-12709142-22083.aspx

It looks just the same as the b and d P2271, and the field for a 240v is available.

The part numbers for both are virtually the same, -- (except the end digit---) so I will have to check further

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
I think phone the liverpool powertool centre and ask for terry ( 0151 207 2238 if memory serves me right)

Take the @ing thing apart, there might be some numbers inside.

Or bite the bullet and just buy a new one.
Spares after 25 ish years..............yeah right.

Sponsored Links
Hi Seaangler.

Thanks, I found it at last. Its a P2264 or P2265. (one being variable I guess and one not). The reason its hard to spot, is that it not listed as a hammer drill, and I was looking at hammer drills to narrow the search. One odd thing is that both are listed as 115volts, but mine is 240v. So I'll ring B and D tech to ask about this.

The 2270/1 series followed it so I reckon you are right, except for the hammer and gear selecrtor, its pretty much the same thing.

The external shape of the casing holding the field winding is definitely a different shape, but its my guess that the winding itself is the same and the winding for the 240v version of the P2271 is available, ---- even though its last date of manufacture was 1991.. Well there's a surprise for some people, i'm sure.

The p2271 shares the same part number with the Later, (post 1993) Elu that I found, that is a dead ringer for the P2271. And the parts for that are available.

And even if its not, now that I know the exact model, I can now find the exact electric spec. With that, i can get my field winding rewound. All it is, is insulated copper wire around a former. Whilst this is technical, its not exactly rocket science is it? Well not if your technical anyway.

There are many quality drills out there (compact or otherwise) that would put your B&D to shame at a fraction of the cost of what it will take to re-hash that antique.

If you are prepared to let sentiment get in the way of common sense that is your look out.

Well I see that this site is not so good after all.

It is policed by politically correct minders, who dont allow the full right to reply.

I am not allowed to reply to idiots who post unwanted and inacurate comments.

Two of my post have been removed to protect the sensitivities of idiots.

Never mind.

Noseall.
Name the drill that meets all the specifications of my drill and is on sale today, available in this country (UK), and cost less than 60 quid. (The cost of a field re-wind).

Else, don't bother to answer, and thus show yourself for what you are.

Still waiting noseall.

Have you found this drill you reckon is a better spec than mine at a fraction of the cost of repair?

No of course you haven't.

Just like the last 2 postsers, you have nothing of use or intellgence to say. Did someone mention dummies? Yup a prize pair or 3.

That drill should be condemned as a shock hazard. Stop being so tight and buy a nice little makita.

It's amazing how tight some ppl can be ffs. If it helps we can start a whipround for you or give you a freebie?

Any of you recent posters, ----

Please explain exactly, how and why, the drill I have pictured and described is a "shock hazard".

Also detail why it is not allowed on site by quoting the regulation(s) that say it is not.

What's really amazing, is how many people on here name themselves after a character in a childrens cartoon series or puppet show, (nothing wrong with that), but then go on to act just like children too. What self-image do these people hold I wonder?

And much more importantly, if how they present themselves here is a representation of how they are in person, especially if they are tradespeople, then I pitty not only their customers, --- but also anyone obliged to work with them, and more so those who unwittingly listen to or believe any advise they dispense.

Their posts speak volumes, about them, and their scant level of accurate knowledge.

No wonder there is so little trust and respect for the those in the construction and allied industries today, if it is populated by people like these posters.

No wonder also, that there is a real and justified need for forums such as this, where people who no longer trust trades people, can gain sufficient information, to either check up on the work they have had done, or indeed, do it for themselves.

I posted a simple request for information. I received some very helpful comments. Unfortunately I also received the likes of the above.

At the top of the page is a link to the Rules of the forum. It is a great shame that in particular rules 1 and 2 are not adhered to and strictly enforced.

I have no doubt, that if my post is allowed, there will be further inappropriate and spurious replies, and no accurate answer to the questions I have asked of Noseall, or the questions asked in this post. Perhaps because the post wont be understood, by those posters.

In any event, I will let the children have the last word, it will make them feel good I'm sure.

The so-called 'muppets' of this forum give their time and expertise for free - year in and year out. What do you give? Nothing. What will you give in the future? Nothing. This forum will live on quite happily without you - but if the 'muppets' leave - it would be closed within weeks.

Gedditt yet?

And if you really believe what you have written joe-90 then you are a self deluding "muppet". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back