Are they all 'serious criminals'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My understanding is the home office definition of a serious crime is a custodial sentence of more than 12months (meaning 6months in jail).

Possession of a class A drug carries a max sentence of 7 years

Im not sure I would call somebody that has been 'done' for possession is a rapist or murderer.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So, somebody convicted for possession is classed as a rapist or murderer by the government? Have you been on the sauce early tonight

Rishi Sunak, a government minister has defended plans to deport 50 people to Jamaica, claiming many of them are rapists and violent offenders

They are foreign nationals who came over here, committed a serious crime, were convicted and sentenced in a court of law and now they have served their sentence they are being sent back to their home country. I see no problem with that whatsoever. Do you?

My understanding is the home office definition of a serious crime is a custodial sentence of more than 12months (meaning 6months in jail).

Possession of a class A drug carries a max sentence of 7 years

Im not sure I would call somebody that has been 'done' for possession is a rapist or murderer.
These days to warrant a 12 month jail sentence you must have to commit a serious offence,
When you consider the police dont even bother investigating some crimes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-goods-worth-20-police-tell-shoplifters.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ign-neck-sues-employer-90-000-humiliated.html

They are foreign nationals who came over here, committed a serious crime, were convicted and sentenced in a court of law and now they have served their sentence they are being sent back to their home country. I see no problem with that whatsoever. Do you?

one of them was in the British army and did 2 tours of Afghanistan

He did two tours of Afghanistan, when he came back he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.
He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and that sort of began the deterioration of his mental health, after which he was convicted for GBH.
His mental health has continued to deteriorate and his argument has always been: he's served this country, he hasn't had help for the PTSD he picked up as a serving soldier for our country.

He did two tours of Afghanistan, when he came back he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.
He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and that sort of began the deterioration of his mental health, after which he was convicted for GBH.
His mental health has continued to deteriorate and his argument has always been: he's served this country, he hasn't had help for the PTSD he picked up as a serving soldier for our country.

If true, I’d say that under those circumstances he should have a good case to remain. What’s his name and can you post a link to that information.

And somebody who had stolen 2 mobile phones
and served 2 month sentence

Tonique Kerr said her husband, Reshawn Davis, who has been in the UK for 20 years, was among those told on Monday that he would not be on the flight.

"We don't know what's happening," she told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme.

Ms Kerr said her husband had been sentenced to 14 months in prison - although only served two months - under the controversial joint enterprise law, after two mobile phones were stolen and he was "just there when it happened".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51456387

If true, I’d say that under those circumstances he should have a good case to remain. What’s his name and can you post a link to that information.
I dont have a name, he was taken off the flight due to the lack of phone access

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51456387

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals who have arrived here as a adult in recent years.

I do have a problem with deporting people who arrived here many years ago, have been in prison, paid their debt and are now living normal lives here.
for a start if any of them were working and keeping their family, all weve achieved is added to our benefits cost.

I dont consider people who were caught in possession of class A drugs when young to be dangerous unless repeat offenders.

or should we deport coke head Boris Johnson back to Turkey

I dont have a name,
Just looked him up. It’s this person.
https://news.sky.com/story/veteran-...anistan-faces-deportation-to-jamaica-11609170
Sorry, but as far as I am concerned, he was convicted of stabbing someone and was sentenced to 6 years. He allegedly said it was the PTSD that caused it. Well, the jury didn’t obviously believe it - if that was true he wouldn’t have been given 6 years.

I dont consider people who were caught in possession of class A drugs when young to be dangerous unless repeat offenders.
They were dealers, not end users. A first time end user wouldn’t be given a sentence of 12 months.

I'm with Mottie... Depending on his crime. I'd like to see thst he get another chance. But if he commits another crime then he needs to go..... I do hope he gets the help he needs and given a real chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back