Argument thread.

Nope. If the car doesn't have any lamps or the other lamps have been permanently disconnected, stop lamps are not required.
Could you tell us if you can be stopped at night and fined/given points if you don't have lights on a vehicle?

Sponsored Links
Could you tell us if you can be stopped at night and fined/given points if you don't have lights on a vehicle?
Yes, under the C&U act I'd imagine. As said, some people mistkingly call these 'Daytime MOT's'.

So did you ever pass a vehicle without lights?
No. I suspect it's probably more used in agricultural communities for vehicles that occasionally go on the road during the daylight hours. Quad bikes possibly.

Even on cars with lights, the centre rear window stop light has to be working if fitted however, if it's not working and you cannot determine whether it is connected (you are not allowed to remove anything) you cannot fail it. There's loads of things like that in the test.

I've advised people to borrow a child seat to get by a lazy seat belt (you are not allowed to remove child seats to check seat belts) and I've advised others to fit a smaller wiper blade to reduce the swept area and miss a badly stone-chipped screen.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back