Asda tills

I go lane swimming. What really ****es me off is that people insist on swimming the wrong way. The lanes are either clock or anti-clock. But worse than that, people swim along slower than a drugged snail, chatting to each other 90 to the dozen.

Why the **** don't they go for a friggin' coffee if they want to chinwag?
Don’t they have specific lanes? We have 8 lanes in our local pool. Two fast, four medium and two slow. They only allow 6 swimmers per lane.

9C575688-D084-4C4A-80CE-2314D9E22638.jpeg

They tell you what is expected in each lane. Oh, and certain sessions on certain days are free for residents of Havering that are over 50. :giggle:

8D964D56-DADD-48A2-ADDC-6B33C82074BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Maybe if people started leaving full trolleys at packed manned checkouts and refused to use self serving tills and walked out they may change their minds, i did this a while ago in my local large Tesco with only 2 tills open, and now use Morrisons who seem to be better staffed.

I did that at Lidl, when I was told the checkout was closed - after I had loaded everything on the conveyor ;)

But of course, there are a few things that Aldi and Lidl don't sell. So we do occasionally shop elsewhere.

I/we started with Aldi, when they first appeared in the UK. We didn't have a local supermarket back then, so it was a 7 mile trip to the nearest one. I have always appreciated the quality of some things, and the world variety of some of the items on offer, as well as the value, but there things I would never buy from such places, they include breakfast cereals. I tend to buy those when I spot them, elsewhere.

I aim to shop once in the shop, for centre isle, fresh, chilled, then finally the frozen - so the most perishable, is put in the trolley last/spends minimum time out of the fridge/freezer. I do tend to spend time looking round, before finally making up my mind what I am getting, extra to my list.

Is it a public pool though, open to all? Yes, folk going the wrong way must be frustrating, as must folk going slower when you want to swim faster. However on the latter, as I touched on in the reply to Diver Fred, they're as entitled to be there as you and again, it might form an important part of their social interaction.

Entitled. There's the problem.

They feel entitled to hold up the whole lane because they are selfish and think they can just do as they wish. You wouldn't say the same if someone stopped in the road to have a chat with someone. You'd be leaning on the horn.

Why don't they swim (without the incessant nattering) and then go for a chinwag after?

Sponsored Links
And, you'll be old one day ;)
Thanks. That is reassuring, I've turned 70 (probably doing more than most half my age - been digging footings out this week).
I do try not to go shopping when the 'on the clock' workers are likely to be hurrying around the shops.

I went into a costa bought a coffee and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich

Coffee poured out sandwich in the heater wat sit

Gave lady a tenner

Sorry we don’t take cash

Ok bye than keep yer coffee and sandwich

I will pop down to greggs

I went into a costa bought a coffee and a toasted ham and cheese sandwich

Coffee poured out sandwich in the heater wat sit

Gave lady a tenner

Sorry we don’t take cash

I will pop down to greggs
A bakery I frequent for sandwiches etc has only just got a card machine

Lol. It's as easy to carry a card as it is to carry cash. Bad people can't rob an empty till.

I had a card in my pocket but ***k em

Burger King another card only caper

There is a cafe around here in the surrey hills they are card only

Untill there card machine crashed :ROFLMAO: Soon took cash only trouble was most of the fruit cakes wanting to be served had no cash:ROFLMAO:

Cashless society at yer peril

Contacted a kit car manu a few weeks back wanting to buy some parts

Er no we can’t take payment over the phone

You will have go on line ??

I asked what happens if some one does not have access to a computer I was basically told tough go find some one who does family or friend

I was annoyed how ever I than

Contacted the instruments manu who supplies them and they took card payments on the phone

I saved £300 :ROFLMAO:

Got a fuel tank £225 cheaper from elsewhere they took cars payments on the phone

Shock absorbers same make from manu £98 cheaper

Radiator £267 cheaper

Emailed the wan**** thanking them for not taking card payments on line
As they saved me a lot of money

They did not seem to appreciate my thanks

Sorry we don’t take cash

A Luddite! I think I am several years older and I grabbed both cards when they came out, then contactless, then phone payments. I rarely use cash any more, why would anyone want to?

A bakery I frequent for sandwiches etc has only just got a card machine

I am not aware of anywhere that I go, where they do not accept contactless. So much quicker, easier and more secure than a pocketful of cash, plus there is a full record of every penny you spend, and no risk of being over charged/shortchanged.

Er no we can’t take payment over the phone

You will have go on line ??

That's a matter of your security - if they take your details over the phone, then your details can be used for other peoples fraudulent purchases.

It always pays to shop around anyway, you should do that first, never buy the first you see.

It’s not a question as to if some one wants to pay via card

Good luck to them

I pay a lot with a card payment

But why should some one be refused service because they want to pay for a coffee with cash

Or buy a pint of milk with a pound coin

We still get payments from some customers via a cheque in particular the elderly

Payment is payment tis as simple as that

You go in some places they have a staff cup for a tip

Dare say that will be a thing of the past ?? As will charity collections on the street with there money tins ?

Sponsored Links
Back