Asylum seekers - love em or hate em

Sponsored Links
I dont know any. But I assume you mean the idea of them :LOL:
I think each must be dealt with on there own merits, but that would take 4ever, so lets say no.

Multifinish said:
personally i hate them
If you'd have searched the forum, you'd have found that this topic has been "discussed" at length in numerous threads - though none I can recall have been started with such a baited, poor statement as yours.
If you really must "discuss" it, then I suggest you give us your reasons for hating asylum seekers - otherwise you come across as a fool. :rolleyes:

gcol said:
Multifinish said:
personally i hate them
If you'd have searched the forum, you'd have found that this topic has been "discussed" at length in numerous threads - though none I can recall have been started with such a baited, poor statement as yours.
If you really must "discuss" it, then I suggest you give us your reasons for hating asylum seekers - otherwise you come across as a fool. :rolleyes:

here here

Sponsored Links
Multifinish said:
personally i hate them

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, eh......??

So because people have to uproot their families and flee their own country due to fear or oppression, you hate them. Nice !!

monkeyboy92 said:
Multifinish said:
personally i hate them

So because people have to uproot their families and flee their own country due to fear or oppression, you hate them. Nice !!

Isnt this the problem. They call themselves Asylum seekers. ARE THEY?
In the 50's wasnt there a lot of Polish that came to the UK, wernt they accepted.

Diyisfun said:
monkeyboy92 said:
Multifinish said:
personally i hate them

Isnt this the problem. They call themselves Asylum seekers. ARE THEY?
In the 50's wasnt there a lot of Polish that came to the UK, wernt they accepted.

Well we were asked to discuss asylum seekers, so I did. If the OP doesn't appreciate the difference between asylum seekers, fake asylum seekers, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants then that's hardly my fault, is it now ?

MOD 2

keep it civil or it gets locked/deleted

Immigration is not the problem, the system we have in place is a problem.

The news recently contained an item relating to a case of criminal damage involving two "unemployed immigrants" where the police would not charge them as it was uneconomic to do so. They stated that the two would claim legal aid, go through the court system to be given fines they couldn't afford to pay and would be wiped clear.

I see a few problems with this situation alone, the main two being:

Unemployed immigrants: We are told that immigration is a good thing because it will fill a skills gap/labour shortage. We have already got plenty of unemployed people so I see not shortage in this particular field. I believe the Australian system of immigration is that you may enter if you posess skills that would be of value to society, are gainfully employed (job lined up) or you are capable of supporting yourself financially (rich) (I don't think you need a criminal record as a condition of entry anymore).

would be given fines: I gladly welcome anyone who would suffer as a result of staying in their own country, or who has come here to work ahrd and obey the law. These two are unemployed and are breaking the law - in this situation is there not a valid case for deportation? Their presence in this country is having a negative effect on society.

(I also object to legal aid being provided to people who don't pay/have never paid tax in this country, and that if you can't afford to pay a fine you aren't expected to pay it - whats wrong with community service? Don't even get me started on benefits for unemployed migrants)

My position on immigration is that we should welcome those who can make a positive contribution to society, and those who would suffer torture/death/persecution due to their political/religious stance (genuine asylum seekers) in their own country.

I believe we should reject and actively deport those whose presence is of detriment to our society (criminals), or oppose our way of life (by oppose I do not mean in that their beliefs are different, but that they preach hate/incite violence or murder). We have enough criminals of our own, we do not need to accept them from the rest of the world.

refugees or asylum seekers call them what you will but if they are seeking "Asylum" they most certainly have found it here in the UK :LOL:

There`s plenty of old closed Asylums they could live in :rolleyes:

Multifinish said:
personally i hate them
So you registered in august last year, and have made 6 posts. This being the 6th, i presume. Do you actually have anything contructive to say on this subject?

markie

United Kingdom

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back