AUKUS

Sponsored Links
It’s hardly a strategic alliance.

it’s USA a global superpower, Australia for geopolitical importance, UK just a needy Clingon.
At least we can now see what the post brexit world will involve, and it was all predicted...

The UK as a lacky...

And in desperation to get a tiny trade deal with Australia some food standards will be 'eased'...

In addition amongst the 'bonfire of EU regs', will be allowing GM food (without notifying marks) and relaxation of medical equipment standards.
No doubt to 'ease' a US trade deal...

At least brexiteers will be happy that a crown stamp will be able to be put on their witherspoon beer glass...

And the numpties will have the joy of working out what a 50 year old currency equates to in real terms :rolleyes:

I think transam and fillyboy are one and the same. I hereby rename them transboy.

I don't understand why you would express such anger publicly? It adds to your humiliation. Its like writing a letter of disappointment to a customer's procurement officer when he tells you, you didn't win the contract bid. These are publications for the trash folder. it seems to me that Australia needed an upgrade and switched strategy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...k-french-fury-australia-scraps-submarine-deal

Sponsored Links
Weren't contracts signed in 2016.
The 'contract of a century' I believe...

But the question is are these subs to be simply nuclear powered or also nuclear weapon capable?

If the latter, doesn't that go against the nuclear proliferation treaty?

Good to see that Ardern immediately came out and said that these subs would not be allowed in their waters.

Weren't contracts signed in 2016.
looks like they had a get out. It is very common for defence contracts to have termination for budget clauses. In the case the French deal seemed to be getting more and more expensive. The Australians were open about exploring alternatives and issued termination notices prior to the AUKUS deal.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-17/france-says-australia-has-stabbed-it-in-the-back-/100469308

I guess the French thought it was bluff.

Australia already have submarines, in common with most countries they are constantly upgrading defence equipment, or else they would still be flying Spitfires, just because the word "nuclear" is involved everyone hold their hands up in horror

Good to see that Ardern immediately came out and said that these subs would not be allowed in their waters.
The whole point of these things is that you've no idea where they are.

By the time these vessels see active service she will be drawing her pension

Sponsored Links
Back