bathroom pull switch wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im fitting a new pull switch in my bathroom , the one thats in now has 4 wires red and black into the load part and a red and black in supply part on the rose fitting, the new fitting has l1 and l2 and com-l can you advise where the original 4 wires go in the new fitting please

Sponsored Links
they dont , wrong switch

what does this switch actually operate?

You have bought the wrong switch.

You nee to take it back to the shop, and exchange it for a double pole pull switch.

the new pull coard comes with a diagram for either 1 way or 2 way fitting, but not any colours of the wiring

Sponsored Links
the switch operates a pully swith, which i am replacing , the one in the ceiling has 2 cables 4 wires,going to it, prsuming loops to a nother light, and i want to fit a swich that has L1 and L2 and com 1

It sounds like the original one is a 2 pole switch. It will make or break the circuit between the two reds (one pole) and the two blacks (the second pole).

The one you bought is a single pole changeover switch, the type used for a 2 way lighting circuit.

Buy a two pole switch of the correct current rating for whatever it is feeding.

a pic would be better, but if your blacks are neutrals you counld join them in a small connector block and put you two lives in C & L1, i am assuming its feeding a light not a shower

that is what is worrying, twice i have asked what the switch operates, and twice the OP has ignored it

fireman22 said:
i am assuming its feeding a light not a shower
Of all the stupid things to assume, this takes the biscuit.

softus, why would you think its stupid to assume its a light when funky monkey said "a red and black in supply part on the rose" and he also says "the switch operates a pully swith, which i am replacing , the one in the ceiling has 2 cables 4 wires,going to it, prsuming loops to a nother light, and i want to fit a swich that has L1 and L2 and com 1" The give away being "TO ANOTHER LIGHT"???????

FM:

When folk asked you "what does this switch operate?", they meant,

"What comes on when you operate the switch?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back