BBC reporting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Exactly. Glad you now see the light you hypocrite.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You have a dig at me, without the slightest provocation, of having a dig at Woody, and you play all innocent about having am unprovoked dig.
And then you have the audacity to accuse me of hypocrisy? You're absolutely so chock full of it, you continue to think you're totally innocent. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Don't forget, it was you that volunteered the information, again totally unprovoked, that you intend to ignore the site rules, because you can.
And you accuse me of hypocrisy, or is that just you ignoring the site rules and being abusive, because you can.

Which part of the truth did you want to be hidden?
If a destroyer is despatched somewhere the report does not mention gas turbines or heavy oil power and as the RN does not have any other subs its a given is it not?

If a destroyer is despatched somewhere the report does not mention gas turbines or heavy oil power and as the RN does not have any other subs its a given is it not?

And in today's news: HMS Something - or - another, an underwater submarine, went on exercises in the gulf.
(y)

Sponsored Links
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You have a dig at me, without the slightest provocation, of having a dig at Woody, and you play all innocent about having am unprovoked dig.
And then you have the audacity to accuse me of hypocrisy? You're absolutely so chock full of it, you continue to think you're totally innocent. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Don't forget, it was you that volunteered the information, again totally unprovoked, that you intend to ignore the site rules, because you can.
And you accuse me of hypocrisy, or is that just you ignoring the site rules and being abusive, because you can.
Is that the same way that someone ignores the wishes of several mods of being banned several times? As I said, hypocrite.

Is that the same way that someone ignores the wishes of several mods of being banned several times? As I said, hypocrite.
You are the one that can ignore the mods, and be as abusive as you like without any restraint.
You sound a bit upset if you think anyone else ignores the mods.
As I said, you're so full of hypocrisy, you fail to see it in yourself.

i stopped watching BBC News and current affairs programs a few months ago, I used to prefer BBC but it seems to have gone downhill a lot
The breakfast show are like little 6th former kids - awful show now.
We found sky News on Freeview, and find that a lot more professional and clear well presented information.
Shame.
Andrew Marr show on a Sunday used to be good

You are the one that can ignore the mods, and be as abusive as you like without any restraint.
You sound a bit upset if you think anyone else ignores the mods.
As I said, you're so full of hypocrisy, you fail to see it in yourself.
Nah, not upset. I'm not the one who keeps moaning about abuse (when you don't know the meaning of the word) and putting up rules when you don't follow them yourself. You seem to get yourself all in a tiz about rules and I find it amusing that you're such a hypocrite.

You're the one that can ignore the rules, but if you think anyone else could be ignoring the rules, you become all abusive, as usual.
But you did say you would be abusive. And then you whinge if anyone mentions your abusive behaviour. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess you just enjoy the privilege of being able to ignore the rules, but hate it if you think anyone else might.
I find it astonishing that you can be as abusive as you like without restraint, and accuse others of ignoring the rules. Now that's hypocrisy!
But it's your behaviour that damages the reputation of the site, not mine.

MOD: FGS @sodthisforfun @Bobby Dazzler can you please stop squabbling.

Last edited by a moderator:
And in today's news: HMS Something - or - another, an underwater submarine, went on exercises in the gulf.
(y)
For me the fact that a submersible or submarine is called that is missing the point. All boats can submerge at least once. Not many are designed or capable of resurfacing afterwards.

Our nuclear powered refloating fleet might be less intimidating but it is much more accurate.

For me the fact that a submersible or submarine is called that is missing the point. All boats can submerge at least once. Not many are designed or capable of resurfacing afterwards.

Our nuclear powered refloating fleet might be less intimidating but it is much more accurate.
A submarine can operate independently underwater.
It is different to a submersible. Which is in turn different to a sunken boat. A sunken boat can hardly be called a boat anymore, given that its purpose is to float on the water.

so nobody would use the term "Ship Submersible Nuclear?"

When a country has twice as many decommissioned subs as working ones, how many does it take to make a "fleet?"

Here's a tweet from the BBC earlier today

"The Bank of England predicts the UK economy will grow in the third quarter of 2020, so technically, the recession could already be over ...... But no-one knows how strong the recovery will be"

Straight in there with the negative comment to take away the positive

However, this tweet was only 20 minutes after the news item referred to in the OP was published, and yet it has not actually edited the original article or published this new one, but in the meantime the BBC have been busy publishing "recession" type articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back