BBC reporting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
you think only the BBC has noticed what a hole dUK is in?

"UK economy suffers worst slump in Europe in second quarter
Historic recession as quarterly output collapses 20% despite sharp recovery in June"

Quick! Try to find a distraction!

GDP.jpg

Look!

Brown people!

In boats!

A dozen or more!

Foreign!

Sponsored Links
It's a great point, we should expect more.

BBC news should be factual without sensationalist adjectives added.

BBC news should be like the shipping forecast

Maybe if the BBC news was made factual and boring nobody would watch it, then people would argue it's not relate to.
It's not so much the news on TV but the internet and social feeds

I suspect that the target audience for their bias and incitement is not the old grans and grandads watching the TV like they always have done, but the younger trendy set who will be more inclined to act on what they read from the BBC. Let alone all the non-UK people who look to the BBC internet feeds for unbiased reporting. o_O

"Sharp recovery" from the FT as opposed to "bounced back slightly" from the BBC

Its not about the news, its about how the BBC report it in a more negative way, or counter every positive with something negative (but not vice versa) - as if to suit some sort of agenda.

the younger trendy set

"Only young people care about economic damage to the UK."

why can't they be obsessed with hating foreigners, like some of their grannies?

And mottie.

Sponsored Links
"Sharp recovery"

Yes, great news that we've recovered so well that's we're only... errrr... the worst country in Europe.

hurrah! says woody!

Look at the brown people!

"Only young people care about economic damage to the UK."

why can't they be obsessed with hating foreigners, like some of their grannies?

And mottie.
Why are you trying to spin the topic?

Do you work for the BBC

am I wrong to expect more from the BBC?

You are wrong to assume that all news must be manipulated to show the Con party in a positive light.

Are you Boris Johnson?

UK economy doing badly? Good news! Hurrah for the Cons!

UK CV deaths high? Good news! Hurrah for the Cons!

Shortage of PPE and masks? Good news! Hurrah for the Cons!

Must try to put a positive spin on it.

Do you work for Murdoch, or his political wing, the Con party?
I don't

But if you can't debate the OP without trying to spin it off into some other argument, then you are just showing poor intellectual abilities. And that could be why you can't see bias when its on the end of your nose.

Now everyone reading you posts can see see it, so just stop being a tw@t for a moment and contribute something useful.

But if you can't debate the OP

The assumption that news outlets must portray the Conservative Government in a positive light, under all circumstances?

If you insist on starting threads like that, you must expect disagreement. And contempt. And ridicule.

The assumption that news outlets must portray the Conservative Government in a positive light, under all circumstances?

If you insist on starting threads like that, you must expect disagreement. And contempt. And ridicule.
It's not about the Conservative goverment or political parties, I never mentioned that, you are just trying to spin it. Its about every single news item. I'll just make that clear for you.

So are you saying the BBC is unbiased in its reporting according to what you read?

Sky News tells the same story as do many news feeds. You need to wake up Woods, nothing to do with BBC pessimism.
Oh no here we go

Read my OP, take your blinkers off the race has finished . Its not about the storey, its how they word it to make it more negative, the nouns, verbs adjectives and such - you do know what they are don't you? And how you make and use different ones for effect?

Just look at JD's unusually useful post (not the positive words there) above regarding the FT and BBC's reference to exactly the same thing. Which sounds worse?

UK reels from biggest Covid hit of ANY major economy with GDP slumping a FIFTH as the country officially plunges into recession and Rishi Sunak warns of jobs bloodbath - but glimmer of hope as growth rebounded by 8.7% in June
Recession is unprecedented, says Chancellor Rishi Sunak

Chancellor Rishi Sunak said the government is "grappling with something that is unprecedented" after figures showed the UK economy suffered its biggest slump on record.
BBC Vs Daily Mail. Which is more overly dramatic again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back