BBC reporting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
It applies to staff.

So, not impartial at the moment. Why not?

They need brainwashing, then. Is that impartial?

Will the diversity proportions equate to London, the country as a whole or North Devon?

Plus - it's 100 million pounds.
As I sais... people won't like it, as apparent from your post/stance.

Sponsored Links
Yes it does, by omitting facts stories can be spun to any narrative you choose. All news sources are guilty of it to varying degrees.
... and some tries to cover some areas more than others. The BBC deliberately tries to go middle of the road, whilst the Guardian is firmly planted on the left and Breitbart is always looking to go further into the extreme right.

Sponsored Links
... and some tries to cover some areas more than others. The BBC deliberately tries to go middle of the road, whilst the Guardian is firmly planted on the left and Breitbart is always looking to go further into the extreme right.

Yes, but misleading is misleading regardless of left, middle or right.

Everyone has some sort of "prejudice", the only way to avoid that defect is to have a lobotomy.

It's difficult to write anything without bias or an underlying narrative, if you do like the independent used to, it doesn't make particularly good cover, as it's a bit boring. But often the truth is much more dull than a good story.

I want the surgeon who operates on me,to be chosen through ability, and no other reason.
Of course, the best person should be for the job. Perhaps now though people won't be overlooked just because of their ethnicity/situation at the BBC..

It's difficult to write anything without bias or an underlying narrative, if you do like the independent used to, it doesn't make particularly good cover, as it's a bit boring. But often the truth is much more dull than a good story.
Good news isn't news.

Everyone has some sort of "prejudice", the only way to avoid that defect is to have a lobotomy.

however, it is possible to refrain from racist behaviour and speech, even without one.

Unchallenged racist behaviour helps it to become normalised.

You don't see racist signs these days. People used to just accept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back