BBC reporting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are not getting it are you?

One of the fundamental things to grasp in any walk of life is the ability to detect lies and bias. In this context, that includes in reporting from news or information sites or people that you may agree with and also from those you don't agree with.

If you don't have the ability to do that, then you truly are destined to be a narrow-minded sheep that will just go along with every single thing that you hear if it fits your narrative, and will automatically block out information from anywhere or anyone that your narrow mind wants to block out.

I can see that very behaviour in several people posting here. They are automatically gainsaying just because I posted it, and not because they actually have a contrary opinion. Now I can see that, and those people know that, and it does show them for pitiful people that they are, and they should think on that for a while.

So are you recognising anything?

So once again for clarity, it's not about the news, not about the politics, not about the migrants, BLM or Brexit. It's about the bias that the UK's national news service, paid for by the tax-payer includes in many reports. And something you forgot to actually read (because of your own bias), the actual poor reporting standards/language of the very same national news service.

Always win an argument when you bring up the good old tax payers card - there are many non tax payers who pay the licence fee like students and those who are retired on low incomes.

Sponsored Links
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

I think we have arrived people.

There is no recession. There was never any austerity.

How do you know?

Do you imagine political bias is part of the inerview process or that being a leftie will admit you through the door? Do they vet right wingers and sorry - no job? Do you think that free thinking intelligent journalists and broadcasters are going to be swayed?

The UK is *plunging into recession (*Sky news) and they are all making the same noises..

QAnon lives long in the RWR.:rolleyes:
Most popular newspaper at the BBC is the Guardian.
Tony Blair is an avid Guardian reader, that should tell you all you need to know.

Sponsored Links
I do find it amusing when right-wing non-truth believers accuse others of tribalism.

But I do find it possible that there are a majority of left leaning thinkers in the BBC.
Imagine an interview for a job at the BBC,
Question to applicants, "Explain in your own words, why you think Boris Johnson was elected as Leader of the Tories."

Right-wing candidate, "'cos he's the bestest. He can make Britain great agin."

Left-wing candidate, "I think the Conservatives had just gone through a period with a leader who lacked a degree of charisma, and it was that very characteristic that BJ had in abundance, even though it was well known that he lacked other essential requirements, such as attention to detail, honesty, integrity and adherence to family values."

It's pretty obvious which candidate would be employed.
It's perfectly permissible to discriminate on grounds of political ideology. And absolutely essential to discriminate on grounds of intellect.

Most popular newspaper at the BBC is the Guardian.
Tony Blair is an avid Guardian reader, that should tell you all you need to know.
Since the BBC and the guardian are the most trusted news sources in the UK that makes sense.

All news sources have an underlying narrative, some much more subtle, some much less so. That includes the BBC, Guardian etc etc.

All news sources have an underlying narrative, some much more subtle, some much less so. That includes the BBC, Guardian etc etc.
... and some try to minimise them more than others. The BBC deliberately tries to go middle of the road, whilst the Guardian is firmly planted on the left and Breitbart is always looking to go further into the extreme right.

... and some try to minimise them more than others. The BBC deliberately tries to go middle of the road, whilst the Guardian is firmly planted on the left and Breitbart is always looking to go further into the extreme right.

Not necessarily, what a paper chooses not to report or to trivialize can be important and telling too.

I do find it amusing when right-wing non-truth believers accuse others of tribalism.

But I do find it possible that there are a majority of left leaning thinkers in the BBC.
Imagine an interview for a job at the BBC,
Question to applicants, "Explain in your own words, why you think Boris Johnson was elected as Leader of the Tories."

Right-wing candidate, "'cos he's the bestest. He can make Britain great agin."

Left-wing candidate, "I think the Conservatives had just gone through a period with a leader who lacked a degree of charisma, and it was that very characteristic that BJ had in abundance, even though it was well known that he lacked other essential requirements, such as attention to detail, honesty, integrity and adherence to family values."

It's pretty obvious which candidate would be employed.
It's perfectly permissible to discriminate on grounds of political ideology. And absolutely essential to discriminate on grounds of intellect.
Is there a correlation between intellect and morality.
Some of the top Nazis had quite good intellects, Tony Blair is a pretty smart guy but he is also a compulsive liar who thought nothing of abusing his position as Prime minister.

I don't find the beeb particularly left wing though they're deffo not anywhere near right wing. I don't find them much more than just 'fluffy' these days. I've noticed that their online features are nearly all very PC, and often when a news story breaks they are very slow on the detail, for example, they don't name a suspect when all other outlets do. They won't publish finer details until they've been substantiated - I guess they learned from the Cliff Richard shenanigans!

As for the use of emotive words/headlines, those go wash over me now because everyone does it. Snappy headlines sell papers/online traffic I suppose..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back