Benefits problem everybodys problem

Yes. The benefit system. It's a runaway train, the buffers are approaching. It can't stop - but it can't career out of control forever. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Sponsored Links
Yes. The benefit system. It's a runaway train, the buffers are approaching. It can't stop - but it can't career out of control forever. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Then it must eventually stop!

It only goes on because of borrowing which we can't afford to pay back.

Sponsored Links
britain will never become like greece as we have control off our own finances which means we dont have to operate within the narrow bands off the euro

So you're sure that Labour won't drag us into the Eurozone, then?

okay please reread that bit underlined bit
also yes they are their children as well, so why should they not contribute towards their upkeep

Still makes no sense.

I didn't say fathers shouldn't, I was merely pointing out that single mums claiming benefits has ultimately got f*ck all to do with absent fathers.

What about the scumbag single mums, who claim benefits whilst sitting in the comfy chair in the paid for flat, receiving monthly payments from the father and not telling a soul.

Your sweeping statement was wrong. Simple as that.

britain will never become like greece as we have control off our own finances which means we dont have to operate within the narrow bands off the euro

by the nature off the eurozone we must meet the criteria
both italy and greece or was it spain and greece massaged the figures to join so became unstuck
with our present record i doubt we will meet the criteria for several years perhaps 20 20

Single mothers/absent fathers are not tin themselves a problem.
Reckless or irresponsible parenting is a problem. An absent father could be paying £500 a month child support - BUT maintenance paid to support a child(ren) is ignored under DWP regulations when assessing entitlements to benefits. Again that is a problem.

Child maintenance payments will not affect any social security benefits received as parents with care can keep all child maintenance paid and it will not affect their benefits. Housing Benefit and tax credit awards also won’t be affected by child maintenance

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/how-does-child-maintenance-affect-benefits

both italy and greece or was it spain and greece massaged the figures to join so became unstuck
with our present record i doubt we will meet the criteria for several years perhaps 20 20

I'm not sure what the criteria for joining the Eurozone are. Personally, I think Brussels would welcome us with open arms: just one other element of our sovereignty handed over.

As to whether we would qualify for handouts from Europe, probably not in my lifetime. But give it time.

I'm not sure what the criteria for joining the Eurozone are. Personally, I think Brussels would welcome us with open arms: just one other element of our sovereignty handed over.

As to whether we would qualify for handouts from Europe, probably not in my lifetime. But give it time.

we already get handouts from europe
the east coast main line electrification for example was part funded from euro fund
https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt/european-regional-development-funding

we already get handouts from europe
the east coast main line electrification for example was part funded from euro fund
https://www.gov.uk/browse/business/funding-debt/european-regional-development-funding[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I presume you are saying that we get out much more than we pay in?
The UK has never got back more than it puts in. Broadly speaking you can say that we have averaged about 50% back. The UK and Germany pay the most in and are net contributors. Denmark and Netherlands are net contributors but the amounts are small. France is the second biggest contributor but it gets more or less all its contribution back in farming subsidies.

Sponsored Links
Back