BG want engineers to hand back their private corgi Reg's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
started with BG about 6 weeks ago and last week I recieved a letter from the union saying that BG are going to ask engineers to give up their personal corgi registrations.

How do they go about finding out if I have my own corgi and how can I prevent them from finding out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
simple you can refuse to hand it over they have no entitlement to it what so ever, it can be argued that by handing it over poses risk of stolen identity in which you can be held liable for.

refuse outright and approach your union.
they have no need and are not able to offer adequate security of your identity on the card.

you paid your corgi application not them pure and simple, i would most certainly act fast and get union support that any attempt to obtain card is act of agression tantamount to constructive dismissal.

inform your shop steward you wish for them to organise walk out or strike actions for any displines given as a direct result of any rejection of handing over card.

you do not need to hand it over they can request it, some will use choice words we need it or you must, soon as you hear you must STOP CALL SHOP STEWARD GO HOME WITH STRESS EVEN.

you cannot lie and say you havent got one, you can say yes ive got one no you are not having it. any disaplines are unlawfull

You can't prevent them finding out as you are on a public list, however most of the corgi guys I know self register at a partner / parents address using a slightly differently spelt name.
What Bg will / have always said is that seeing as it gross misconduct to work in competition there is no need for you to renew any registration.
Another way around it is to qualify for something Bg don't do like boats or commercial and tell them you need your corgi for that.

newcomers said:
started with BG about 6 weeks ago and last week I recieved a letter from the union saying that BG are going to ask engineers to give up their personal corgi registrations.

How do they go about finding out if I have my own corgi and how can I prevent them from finding out?

Thanks

I said it would all end in tears :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
newcomers said:

Thanks

I said it would all end in tears :rolleyes:

scatmanjohn said:
newcomers...all i will say is i can see this ending in tears.

You haven't even got in the door and you are working out how you can pull a fast one.

He did aswell!!

this company sometimes wants engineers to work near where you live.
its a salary job.fixed hours.less weekends and evenings than BG.
www.connaught.plc.uk
look for current jobs.or just phone them.have a cv ready to fire off.

DOnt think theres much the union can do, they've said that BG havent even consulted them on this

You say im on a public regsiter, but my name isnt, only my company name, which they dont have any record of. It is also at a different address, will this help?

newcomers said:
DOnt think theres much the union can do, they've said that BG havent even consulted them on this

You say im on a public regsiter, but my name isnt, only my company name, which they dont have any record of. It is also at a different address, will this help?

Blimey!!!!!!!!!

Do CORGI know you have registered at an address other than your permanant one??

Or are you also running an official office for homers??

Wow the lengths you BG lads go for a bit of weekend work if you are doing so well then why not go full time Self Employed

Go On

:)

To be honest newcomer what did you expect.. but if they don`t come to you don`t offer them the info...

Corgiman 30k a year for easy work and then beer money of 10k why have hassle of self employed. ;)

Thinking back to my union Branch Secretary days...

BG can not ask for you to give them your CORGI registration as you have paid for that and its your property.

BUT its a normal condition of any employment that you do not do anything thats in any way creates a Conflict of Interest !

Fitting horse shoes in your spare time is obviously not relevant but anything in the plumbing or boiler line obviously is ! They would possibly give you a written warning to desist and sack you if you continued.

Doing conflicting work and attempting to hide it would probably be considered worse!

A friend of mine had to leave the BBC at three days notice when he was to join the Big Brother house showing on Ch 4. Although it did not conflict with his engineering work there was a sufficient conflict of interest for him to have to resign.

Amusingly the BBC then proceed to fill their web sites with news of the BBC engineer on Big Brother!

Tony

Tony... WOW ..... you know Eugine.

Who would you say was the bigest geek?

You or Mr Sully? ;)

newcomers said:

the union in question regularly take it up the arse from BG. they are worse than useless and i seriously suspect that some of the union boys are getting kickbacks.

do not rely on them for anything that may cost your job cos it probably will cost your job.

Corgiman . It Reminds me of when i worked for them . I had a conversation with a young girl in the office and said i had not used a cash point machine for 20 years. She looked a bit confused and said where do you get your money from then, to which i replied from top drawer in the chest drawers same as everyone else. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back