big brother "fake"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the housemates isn't really a "celebrity" and is on a "mission" to make them believe she is.

Doesn't this just highlight what nobodies most of these critters are? They all went in and were surrounded by strangers, this "non-celebrity" was in the same shoes as the rest of them! They all had to introduce themselves to each other! These people aren't celebrities. This is the worst programme ever. No i'm not watching it. If they can't get proper celebrities who dont need to be introduced, then they shouldn't bother.

I mean, i recognised one of them, Barrymore. All the rest - i recognised one of their names - the MP guy. Thats it. Go figure.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
No i'm not watching it. If they can't get proper celebrities who dont need to be introduced, then they shouldn't bother.

Wouldn't bother even then, its one of those programs that just bores the pants off me, along with millionaire, stars in their eyes in one hundred and one different guises, YBF, celeb come dancing. Now were going have have celebrities learing to ice skating, how thrilling. I'd rather stick red hot needles in my eyes whilst being hung from my scrotem by a piece of rusty barbed wire, but thats enough of what i'll be getting up to at the weekend. ;)

Hardly worth having a TV these days. :evil:

I can't believe how bl**dy awful ITV is these day's, they must be laughing all the way to the bank with all the phone calls they want you to make, what makes it worse they even use the same studio for soapstar- supers**te as total garbage X factor. It's no wonder the ITV are loosing advertisers. The problem is auntie beeb seems to think they must follow then down the road to television mediocrity. Make you want to sign up for SKY, with hundreds of channels you should be able to find some thing to watch, problem is her who thinks she should be obeyed says is there anything on proper tv.

i cant recall the last time i watched itv, its really become tv for the brain dead

Sponsored Links
When I was a kid we only put on the telly to watch something, these days its always in the background 5 o'clock on goes the box until bedtime sept at dinner, now we got the pooter, another time waster.

like coming on here you mean! :LOL:

ive gone the opposite way. i look out for programs that i think i will enjoy (documentarys etc) and make a special point of sitting down to watch them, otherwise i stay clear of the tv

Richardp said:
When I was a kid we only put on the telly to watch something, these days its always in the background 5 o'clock on goes the box until bedtime sept at dinner, now we got the pooter, another time waster.

It's a problem of quantity.

The problem I have found is that on the occasions I have bought a TV magazine, it only lists "major" channels. I don't want to see "major" channels, I've paid for hundreds and want to see what's on all of them!

So, here is the problem: I have to turn on the TV just to see what is ON the TV! I spend 5 minutes going through the listing seeing that there is nothing on in the next hour or so. I could check further ahead but frankly my experience of Sky, Freeview and ntl is the same: a TV screen is not an ergonomic way to display a large amount of information to be quickly scanned. So, showing what is on 200 channels for a whole day can't be done with the EPG.

And there don't appear to be any websites offering this either.

But when I had 5 channels or even when I had onDigital it was easy. I picked up the Sunday Times TV guide, spent about 30 seconds seeing what was on every channel for the rest of the day, read the descriptions. Could then decide what I was watching and what I wasn't. You could even have a quick flick through the week ahead and think "Ooh, 9:30 on Tuesday, I must remember to watch that!" :LOL:

I really need Sky+, I never remember to watch anything!

If the public demanded better quality programming then maybe some money would be invested but it's a case of you get's what you pay for these days, although i still think the licence fee could come down somewhat as the beeb has now streamlined itself so much almost to the point of oblivion that i can't see how it justifies the fee demanded.

I saw 5 minutes of BB the other day, when these people (including George Galloway for some reason) were introducing themselves to each other and it has put me off for a long time. I know it's a popular prog and a lot of people enjoy it but I just can't understand it. What's so interesting about watching other people in a house?

hermes said:
I saw 5 minutes of BB the other day, when these people (including George Galloway for some reason) were introducing themselves to each other and it has put me off for a long time. I know it's a popular prog and a lot of people enjoy it but I just can't understand it. What's so interesting about watching other people in a house?

Ask Markie, he seems to like it. But Markie, it isn't real its all contrived to make what channel 4 see as exciting prime time tv, for morons that is ;)

Big Bruv an the likes are all rubbish ,

I watched a good prog on the National Geographic Channel/SKy the other Night
It was about these Canadian Oil firms who get Petrol from the tar sand
more here
http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/news/ntn33230.htm

an it showed step by step how this was done a great engineering feat ...

notb665 said:
crafty1289 said:
Go figure.

Are you an actress from 'Friends' or 'Sex and the City'?

friends is ok, but sex and the city is the most horrendous piece of TV ever to come out of America. That thin woman who stars in it (shes just made her own perfume) aaaaah!!! she's repulsive! And that woman who talks with a stupid squeaky voice . . . :evil: SHE SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED ON TV!

(disclaimer: i only know OF these irritating people due to my mum watching this and me passing thru the living room while she was watching it) . . . .

Sponsored Links
Back