black and decker drill kit (woody +big all)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i work for an old couple and in an effort to have a clear out this kit is going but its such a neat set it deserves better. wish there was a tool museum to donate it to
he bought it 25 years ago in lewis,s hardware dept. check out the price on the buffing kit

Sponsored Links
That's way older than 25 years then as decimal currency was phased in in 1971. It looks mid sixties to me.

My old man had all those B&D attachments, so they are more likely 35 years old not 25.

Most of dad's were beige colour, which I suspect was the 70's colour scheme before that turquoise colour of late 70's or early 80's. He used them with his original black and gold drill IIRC.

Sponsored Links
lol woody

i wondered how anybody could start an argument about b&d
untill i realize its frustration at the forum causing multi posts :D :D

anyway my dad had the sander and circular saw in the 60 i know this because it was in edinburgh we left there for surrey end off 69/to 70when i was 16 ish
then the motor housing was alloy/metal
i think the blue colour came along in the 70sor 80s with the introduction off plastic

My dad had a gold one that was all metal.

I've got an orange one fitted with a wire cup that's still in the workshop and is still in use on occasions.

just dug out a drill that was my dads quite a new one as its half plastic half metal 1982 so 30 years old :D :D

also have a b&d router given as a wedding present with 1983 date on it
the origional cutters pressed from steel curved and shaped to fit in a slot on the shaft with a screw cap that acted as the bearing surface
it still works but has several metal plates holding it together :D
looks like this but no handles
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROUTER-BLACK-AND-DECKER-DN66-480W-ROUTER-GUIDE-WORKING-/270974572421

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Got an old beige one I picked up from carboot 15 years ago. Still works a treat!

My Dad had the B&D set with the gold drill sander and saw etc in the wooden cabinet,I suspect a source of great pride in the day probably late 60s, I have to sort it out soon Ive been putting it off ,a musiem sounds like a great idea I dont know where?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back