bodgit and scarpa cordless drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, looking to replace a black and decker FS1320 for DIY work, which either has defunct battery , or a defunct charger... either way i cant get spares so i need a new one.

Budget is the word ! bought far too much stuff recently and this is only going to be used for basic work, loft boards, bit of masonry, screwdriving, scaring the dog, that kind of thing. Ideally though i want it to last over 10 hrs use, and i know some of them dont.

So, looking ideally for hammer (might as well), 14v+, smallish, light.

I noticed focus are selling off their McKeller 18v cordless hammer, one hour charge time at £22 (half price), but are they pants? Was also looking at JCB, but they're horrible to hold and not sure if they're any good or not.

Lidl (good sometimes for stuff like this) are selling off an 18v quick charge with two batteries for £29, no hammer though.

What about the wickes range? they do a 15.6volt hammer at £29.

Anyone any opinions on the mckeller, JCB or the wickes? i dont think many people would have used the lidl one but like a lot of aldi or lidl bargains, it could turn out to be quite good !!

ta...

Sponsored Links
I don't think you'll do better than the Lidl for that kinda money. If only you could scrape together another £20 or £30, you'll be much better off. The drill is power tool numero uno in anyones kit.

Why not get this, will be fine for light drilling in wood and boards, pilot holes, and screwdriving. Even comes with all the accessories. Then you can save up for another drill, probably corded which you can use for drilling holes in walls.

Just say no! Yeh Lidl is a gamble but as you say, previous bargains in Lidl/Aldi usually turn out to be OK.

Can't scrounge up £60 or wait a few weeks?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80118

Anyway, knowing Lidl they'll probably be gone by tomorrow so be quick!

Sponsored Links
thats a possibility.. decided i definitely need the following..

Hammer
2 Batteries
Quick Charger

Which now rules out the lidl Parkside model, as it has no hammer

What are the Screwfix Titans like, or Clarke ?

Does your corded drill have impact/hammer? If so then I wouldn't make it a must have on your cordless, not for that price range anyway. Just get a drill/driver, as a cheapy hammer will likely fall apart or simply not have enough 'oomph'

yep it does, but i've just remember the switch on the corded has burnt out on the low variable, so it only runs fast :) which is no good for certain hammer situations...

So, its now either buy a semi decent cordless combined drill/hammer, or two seperate cheapies :)

decisions decisions....

yep it does, but i've just remember the switch on the corded has burnt out on the low variable, so it only runs fast :) which is no good for certain hammer situations...
What make is it?

it was a cheapie DIY store one.. cant remember now. I was using it on very low setting for something over a long period of time, and it obviously didnt like it.

I'm now tempted by a semi decent cordless hammer, but i know they're nowhere near as good as a corded for masonry ...

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the Lidl tools (Parkside) were made in Europe - Germany/Switzerland, and not China. So may be better quality than a generic Chinese model

Just when down to Lidl, and there is a level with a built in digital angle finder (strictly an inclinometer) for £12.49 - half the previous price. The display lights up too, so OK just for leveling in low light.

Also a drill dust collector vaccum attachement for £1.49

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back