Boiler installation problem. What to do?.

Sponsored Links
But I am significantly worried that the gas supply is unlikely to be adequate if it includes old steel pipe under a concrete floor. It should have a minimum pressure loss on full power ( including gas cooker on ) of less than 1.0 mbar.

Tony

Wonders will never cease. A common sense post from Agile.
I had missed the implication that the old steel was being used fpr the new boiler. it is probably odds on that it is undersized.

Reading posts like this makes me so happy I dont have to compete at the cheapo end of the combi bashing market.

As Dan says, a conversion for under £3600 is not usually viable.

Used car salesmen have the same issues; punters at the £1k bargain basement end of the market are the most trouble.

He removed the fire and did some other work to the gas. How many appliances do you have now?

If it's just the boiler there will be no allowance for any drop on the gas - even without a smell.

Existing pipework with new appliance = no drop.

Sponsored Links
He removed the fire and did some other work to the gas. How many appliances do you have now?

If it's just the boiler there will be no allowance for any drop on the gas - even without a smell.

Existing pipework with new appliance = no drop.

There is still the gas fire and back boiler - they were yet to be removed - and a bayonet fitting in the kitchen. I don't know whether to bother having him remove them. As I said, if I just get someone else to put a new gas pipe through the first floor's voids and only connect to the boiler then I can get rid of those things on the old disconnected gas pipes by myself.

HuIvd1r.jpg

Sorry it took a while.

Is this valve open or closed?

OK. I'll close it.

Yes there is only one valve you can control. The thing on the right (valve?) doesn't have a control.

Yes as others have pointed out there should be two. Our old house's boiler had that. I should have noticed that mistske myself...

A drip? Yeah.. .both of them weep.

They reason that is a flexible link with easy release connections is to enable it to be disconnected when not in use. Removing the link when not in use is a safety function to ensure mains pressure cannot accidently be applied to the sealed system and create the problems associated with over pressure in the system.

No, removal of the flexible link is to stop the possibility of contaminated water being drawn back into the potable water of the household and possibly communal supply.

So, we were going to be the first job today, as we were told on Saturday. They haven't turned up, and there is no answer from any of the available phone numbers.

Email had also been sent with all of the details. No reply.

Possible rain forecast this afternoon (we've had a few spots) and there is the unfinished hole in the roof...

Foolish.

And now the rain's started.

Got a reply to text message sent. The woman (guessing his partner) apparently had a fall and is in hospital. Still no other contact.

I could have been getting on with other jobs but instead have been stuck waiting and doing nothing. Still with an unfinished job, and a hole in the roof.

Should I get someone else to finish the job yet???

I was wondering about the hole in the roof.

How high above ground level and how is it accessed?

Is it a flat roof or sloping tiles?

My pc cost for fitting the vertical flue may not have been enough. Of course with any real situation asking for a telephoned budgetary quote then I would have asked and been told.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back